Typhon Need advice about timing on the 6s esc from the fireteam.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgwild1717

Reaction score
Hey guys I got the fireteam 6s esc in my 3s typhon. Was setting up the punch and brake settings and noticed the timing is at 22.5. I'm running the 3200kv 3660 motor you guys think I should back that timing down a little? Thanks for all input

Hey guys I got the fireteam 6s esc in my 3s typhon. Was setting up the punch and brake settings and noticed the timing is at 22.5. I'm running the 3200kv 3660 motor you guys think I should back that timing down a little? Thanks for all input
I am still stuck on your avatar, will post a reply soon.

I change all of mine to close to 0. Would rather see longevity that a small amount of extra power.. And heat.

15 deg or thereabout

22 is way too high, but I know it's stock. Many people reported ESC catching on fire, this might be a contributor to having it that high, it overheats quickly.

Also use the search top right, just search for ESC name and you will find the same question answered.

Example:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/firma-smart-esc-settings.59401/#post-885507
Thanks man I ran it on my 4s esc out the outcast then switched it to the 6s out the fireteam same 4s battery and seemed a little less punchy. Gonna play with the timing and punch see how it runs. Watching a few videos on YouTube about timing arrma really cranked this thing up out of the box!

I change all of mine to close to 0. Would rather see longevity that a small amount of extra power.. And heat.
On these rigs if you're not trying to race, speed run(limited) or anything like that just keep it at Zero. The motor will run hot or hotter anyways with higher timing and the benefits will be hardly noticeable since you'll be bashing and hardly ever go full throttle. If you ever decide to start drag racing playfullly or not then you can paly with it. For now Zero is the way to go.

On these rigs if you're not trying to race, speed run(limited) or anything like that just keep it at Zero. The motor will run hot or hotter anyways with higher timing and the benefits will be hardly noticeable since you'll be bashing and hardly ever go full throttle. If you ever decide to start drag racing playfullly or not then you can paly with it. For now Zero is the way to go.
Speed and drag runs are gonna be what this Is for. It ran 71mph on the 4s esc and 26t 57t on power hobby grippers.

The 160A Firma has a range of 0-15*, Hobbywing does not allow timing adjustment on their programming version (max 8 v3) and is set at 15* for Y wind motors as they run optimal between 10-20 degrees.

D wind is 0-10* “generally”

Speed and drag runs are gonna be what this Is for. It ran 71mph on the 4s esc and 26t 57t on power hobby grippers
Oh, OK. Nice! In that case the higher the better the caveat is that they have been burning up. So just plan to upgrade it soon very soon. Good luck.
Thanks I could've just spent the extra money and got a castle but I got this off jennys rc really cheap and wanna see just how fast I could push this car with stock electronics.

Speed and drag runs are gonna be what this Is for. It ran 71mph on the 4s esc and 26t 57t on power hobby grippers

Thanks I could've just spent the extra money and got a castle but I got this off jennys rc really cheap and wanna see just how fast I could push this car with stock electronics.
Yup, made THAT mistake myself lol

Yup, made THAT mistake myself lol
Ditto.

You should have DM'd me, I could have sold you the 6s Spektrum combo, and 4s Traxxas combo, that I bought from Jenny last year. :p

The 4s Traxxas was likely a total waste of money, at least in terms of its 3s performance so far, but I won't be sure until I buy a charger and run my drag slash on 4s for the first time. The 6s Spektrum stuff I was going to try and cram them into a 2WD Slash and gave up but it will at least be good for spares since I have so many new 6s Arrma in the stock form currently.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back