Mojave Need advice for street vehicle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite Grom
  3. Mojave
  4. Typhon 6s
Winter is coming and the thought of cleaning mud out of my Mojave is quite unappealing. (What can I say, I'm kind of lazy when it comes to cleaning.) This has made me consider an on road vehicle for parking lots etc. During the winter months.

I have been considering my choices, the Felony and Infraction both look like sweet rides, but would I be better off setting up a Typhon 6s for street use until I get a little road experience under my belt? :unsure:

I know we have favorites, but I'd hate to buy something I wasn't ready to handle yet. My Mojave is my first ground vehicle, and I have given it a good work out, but Mario Andretti I am not. :LOL:

The Typhon is the most versatile! But if you specifically want a true road car there's still the other 3 great choices ? it didn't take me long to get used to a Felony. Considering their speed and power they are actually pretty easy to control

Just get the Felony or Infraction, you can run it on 4s or dial the power down on the radio. I tell everyone to go this route because this way they can grow into it with more experience when 4s gets boring.

https://scorchedparts.co.uk/products/arrma-mojave-1-7-scale-inner-fenders-mudguards

I was amazed with these. My son was bashing in the parking lot ( all grass ) at the flying field for several batteries in both my Mojave and Outcast. The Outcast was full of grass to the point where it shut down on temp. The Mojave didn't even need compressed air to clean out the grass clippings. Absolutely I will use my Mojave in our salt sand and snow filled parking lots ( the road our front ) this winter. A little WD40 and some compressed air should keep it nice.

Just do this.

67DF77ED-76E4-4F25-96F4-5B635EE21FE6.jpeg

As long as you have a receiver with AVC, the Typhon makes a great parking lot basher. With a little modification, Kraton chassis, rear brace and rear drive shaft, plus Kraton hubs at all four corners, the buggy becomes a street warrior
20201007_211617.jpg

I would love to see the bigger 1/5 120mm grps on a mojove.or maybe some tall belted banditos.

2.8 road tires look good on there. You’d need m2c hexes run then unless they have a deep offset. You can do proline 6x30 17mm adapters on their wheels/tires if you can ever find them in stock.

2.8 road tires look good on there. You’d need m2c hexes run then unless they have a deep offset. You can do proline 6x30 17mm adapters on their wheels/tires if you can ever find them in stock.
I have the EM Performance 1/5 adapter for my EXB to run the 1/5 GRPs. Very nice product.

I have the EM Performance 1/5 adapter for my EXB to run the 1/5 GRPs. Very nice product.
Jd you got a link for those 1/5 grp adapters to fit on arrmaz???I got to get some 1/5 grps
Jd you got a link for those 1/5 grp adapters to fit on arrmaz???I got to get some 1/5 grps
Found um,my Mojave has kraton hubs.must have the longer hubs for these to work???????
Found um,my Mojave has kraton hubs.must have the longer hubs for these to work???????

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201009-113613_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201009-113613_Chrome.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 38

I don’t own a Mojave so you might need the Kraton axles. ??‍♂️

I'm in the middle of a complete teardown on my mojave.BIGGER ELECTRONICS,BEARINGS,diffs,ETC.SLAM IT TO THE GROUND WITH 1/5 GRPS,TALL GEARS,SOME AERODYNAMICS,AN SEE HOW FAST SHE'LL GO.BIG TIRES HAVE DESTROYED DIFFS.that wont be till next year thou.$$$$$$$ permited

20200830_065941.jpg

Thanks for all the info guys. (y) I ended up getting a Typhon and some Hoons for now. Felony and Infraction are back ordered and I wanted to get used to street bashing before my offroad playground gets muddy for the season. :giggle:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back