Mojave Need advice for street vehicle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what looks "very stupid at the moment"?
Sorry, carp post content on my part
The Mojave looks stupid as heck with the Hoons before you drop it. It snowed yesterday so now the road is covered in sand and stone. Maybe find a clean lot on the weekend and test the ride with the Hoons.

As long as you have a receiver with AVC, the Typhon makes a great parking lot basher. With a little modification, Kraton chassis, rear brace and rear drive shaft, plus Kraton hubs at all four corners, the buggy becomes a street warrior
View attachment 103517
How does stretching a Typhon change the handling characteristics on road? Would it help with stability? I did a truggified build and am contemplating doing a stretched build. Just wanted to ensure that they’ll handle different enough to justify having two Typhons!

How does stretching a Typhon change the handling characteristics on road? Would it help with stability? I did a truggified build and am contemplating doing a stretched build. Just wanted to ensure that they’ll handle different enough to justify having two Typhons!
Stretching it gives it good balance and better stability. Mine is truggified and stretched so the wheels are pushed out as far as they can be side to side and front to back. It allows a little more tolerance for side to side movements so it's less likely to roll if things get squirrelly at high speeds and keeps it from flipping backwards over small bumps

Stretching it gives it good balance and better stability. Mine is truggified and stretched so the wheels are pushed out as far as they can be side to side and front to back. It allows a little more tolerance for side to side movements so it's less likely to roll if things get squirrelly at high speeds and keeps it from flipping backwards over small bumps
Interesting. I guess I won’t really know until I give it a shot myself!

***IF U ARE IN CANADA AND NEED HOONS, CONSIDER GETTING THEM OF AMAZON. ( $33CAD FOR 2 )***
Frig me, just bought mine at the LHS for 8 bucks a set more. Just ran the Mojave today with the Hoons on a 20 tooth pinion, damn was that fun. Forgot to bring a gps unit with me so not sure how the speed was but it just spins those things at any speed so likely didn't matter. Might try in the snow tomorrow if the street isn't too busy

Frig me, just bought mine at the LHS for 8 bucks a set more. Just ran the Mojave today with the Hoons on a 20 tooth pinion, damn was that fun. Forgot to bring a gps unit with me so not sure how the speed was but it just spins those things at any speed so likely didn't matter. Might try in the snow tomorrow if the street isn't too busy
Hah. I was thinking of getting them from my LHS but they sell 41.99 a pair! ??:cry::ROFLMAO:. OUTRAGEOUS! Gonna get a set of GRP's thoo..

I know what you need 90$ plus shipping I ran them once up and down the block
17mm swr belted sweeps or 125 shipping included

tire2.jpg

My winter toys:

Took a Kraton M2C Chassis and built the Typhon V5 6s on it. Just waiting for the standoffs mounts for the body. Was not too happy with the directional stability of the Typhon on 6s. So I guess I will drive it on 4s and a 20 to 22T pinion. For longer drive times. 6s and wet conditions only result in wheel spins and bad directional stability. Not sure about the tires. Perhaps the buggy badlands or the MX28hp belted with Kraton hubs, axles etc. Have those parts just want to try how this setup goes. Depending on weather GPR street tires or Infraction Hoons. So the tires give a wide range of possibilities. Springs are about double as hard as the stock springs. Was very happy with those on the stock Typhon. Stretched because of directional stability on wet ground and jumping in winter is just not what plastic parts like.
Springs:
AR330507 85mm rear
ARA330640 70mm front

20211113_235428.jpg

Then I have a Senton with Granite tires. It's an absolut blast. Huge fun factor. Just got the 14mm hexes for that. I also missed the directional stability on the Granite when wet. Lot of fun sliding around with this setup. 13T pinion, 3s 5000mAH - a bit slower than my buddies 6s stock Kraton. Long drive time, like double the drive time of the Kraton 6s racing back and forth. Did wheelies today also on wet rough pavement. Fun to slide on wet pavement and gravel. Went very good in high grass on way to driving location. Very good directional stability. Small jumps were very good and nice air control. Also ready for snow.

20211113_235033.jpg

The rest of the Kraton goes on the Typhon V5 chassis using the Typhon dogbones and struts => Notorious
Basically changing chassis between Typhon V5 and Kraton 6s using each others chassis braces and dogbones.

Last edited:
Get an infraction, I would bet money a Typhon couldn't keep up on the street same smiles per hour and dollar for dollar. I love both my Arrmas. Glad I switched this year from TraxxA$$.

IMG_20211103_155750.jpg

Last edited:
Longer the wheel base, the better directional stability at speed. For a speed running advantage. Straight line running. Why many go LWB with the Typhon.

Very much the truth, @SrC .I look at it like beginners,intermediate, pro.....swb is a handful. I run mojave chassis m-mounted flipped an moved for straiter center shaft angles, less vibrations,more speed.still testing an so far seams ALOT BETTER.adjust tension on center shafts by adjust upper brace.get it right an c-shafts have very little movement an turn smoooth.still haven't went full send thou..
That's a 56×92mm motor.its long..much easier to control.cause crashing gets old quik

16368619920774185106650500867444.jpg

20211015_030911.jpg

^^^ Impressive. Creative for sure. Wow what an idea.
Always thinking outside of the box.:)(y)

I find the best tires on the Mojave in pavement are the stock tires with no preload on shocks. The tires also don't wear down too fast even when spinning a lot. Does not topple easily without preload on shocks.

Lowered a Granite. Had the narrower MX28hp on it. Not fun, to high, keeps toppling over. 20T pinion (like Vorteks speed pinion) now and Senton size tires. Definitely at it's limit without a spoiler. 89km/h in the dark on 3s, to short the parking lot to go full speed.

20211116_030745.jpg

Drilled another hole to move the shocks out and lower the car in front for more downforce during speed. Lots of preload on all shocks to keep the front down stance.

20211116_031339.jpg

Last edited:
Get an infraction, I would bet money a Typhon couldn't keep up on the street same smiles per hour and dollar for dollar. I love both my Arrmas. Glad I switched this year from TraxxA$$.

View attachment 179807
I'll take that bet!:ROFLMAO: This is just one example
I should have some video of my own this coming weekend to share.
IMG_3914.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back