Need advice from my fellow RC brethren...what should I do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1434.JPG

Well I started my build Saturday night and have couple late nights working on it since. Loving it so far but I didnt realize how long it takes. I am taking my time and making sure I do everything right...at least the best to my knowledge anyway. I think it's going well so far though. Have a little bit more to go.

IMG_1436.JPG IMG_1437.JPG

Well I almost had a complete roller but I dumb me didn't realize that only 2 offset hex adapters came per package so I couldn't get my Backflips on without locking up the driveline. Almost there though. Next are the elecrronics and painting the body.

The best tires you can buy for a basher running 6S...from what I hear anyway as I have yet to run them lol they are just sitting on my shelf right now

Have you tried the proline mashers they are amazing. I love my backflips no doubt but the mashers are were it' at minimal ballooning and when they do it' more horizontally then vertically. I have proline trenchers to and they balloon to much for me but the mashers and the shockwaves are a couple other great tires for bashing. Glad the backflips are finally back in stock.
20180327_051657.jpg

I have seen them and wondered how they were. My LHS has a set and I almost bought them when the Backflips were out of stock.....maybe I'll give them a shot. Definitely makes your Kraton look beastly!

I have the taller non-X 3.8's on my erevo and savage flux. I wanted the taller ones to add more cushion to my landings without adding a lot of leverage to bust arms when cartwheeling like the X's might add. My bashing buddy wants to put a set on his Talion because of the extra cushion they give me on landings. They look kind of goofy on the revo since it's slung so low.

They look massive on your outcast! Like LST tires! Does it still drive well or does it feel kind of sluggish?

IMG_1441.PNG IMG_1442.PNG

I just bought this to put in the ET. Been reading good things about it so I thought I would give it a shot. Can't really beat it for $60. It's 1950kv.

Those do look massive! Looks good!
This is what the taller ones look like next to a Talion:
2018-0331-ERBE-Talion.jpg

Grabbed a still from our last bashing video. He has traxxas t-maxx 3.3 wheels/tires on there. Was a spare set I had that I let him have to try out to see how he liked larger tires. He had pro-line badlands which seemed small next to the t-maxx tires and just tiny next to the trenchers I ran.

I did a 17lb mono wrap on the trenchers to contol the ballooning on 6s it was crazy before but now they are more like my shockwaves just wider.

IMG_1444.JPG

Alright so I got my RX8 in the mail today and I think I got screwed on it because it looks pretty beat up and the case has been opened for some reason. I could be wrong but I don't want to take time wiring it up for it to not work...I want my truck to get running ASAP!

So I went to my LHS and bought a Castle Mamba Monster X to run in it and I will work on the Tekin as I have time. I'm pretty pumped about this Mamba Monster X because I have read great things about it. I also bought the paint for my body. Going to paint it in the Tekno colors.

View attachment 17557

Alright so I got my RX8 in the mail today and I think I got screwed on it because it looks pretty beat up and the case has been opened for some reason. I could be wrong but I don't want to take time wiring it up for it to not work...I want my truck to get running ASAP!

So I went to my LHS and bought a Castle Mamba Monster X to run in it and I will work on the Tekin as I have time. I'm pretty pumped about this Mamba Monster X because I have read great things about it. I also bought the paint for my body. Going to paint it in the Tekno colors.
What brand paint r u using?

View attachment 17557

I have the MMX/2200kv sensored in my savage flux. I only run 4S, but had to dial the punch down 80% just to make it manageable. I've only run it a few times. I had the original OEM system in it first which was the repackaged mamba monster v1 that wasn't waterproof. The previous owner coated the PCB but I wanted to not worry about water and got the MMX.

This is what the taller ones look like next to a Talion:
2018-0331-ERBE-Talion.jpg

Grabbed a still from our last bashing video. He has traxxas t-maxx 3.3 wheels/tires on there. Was a spare set I had that I let him have to try out to see how he liked larger tires. He had pro-line badlands which seemed small next to the t-maxx tires and just tiny next to the trenchers I ran.

What tires and wheels did you say were on the Talion? Can't figure out the tread pattern - they look narrower than most MT tires - exactly the style i've been looking for...

What tires and wheels did you say were on the Talion? Can't figure out the tread pattern - they look narrower than most MT tires - exactly the style i've been looking for...
Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3 tires on 0 offset rims. They are 3.8" with traxxas style bead (like a 1/8 buggy).
https://www.rcplanet.com/traxxas-black-chrome-wheel-maxx-tire-2-revo-e-maxx-t-maxx-tra4983a
https://www.rcplanet.com/traxxas-3-8-tires-t-maxx-3-3-2-tra4973

Compared to standard trencher 3.8's (not trencher X):
2018-0306-Traxxas-Talon-ProlineTrencher3.8-TraxxasMaxx3.3-TRA4973.jpg

Left to right:
Traxxas 3.8" Talons, proline trencher 3.8", traxxas maxx 3.3 3.8" tires

View attachment 17533 View attachment 17534

I just bought this to put in the ET. Been reading good things about it so I thought I would give it a shot. Can't really beat it for $60. It's 1950kv.

I like that here is what I bought for the outcast its gonna b crazy I'm picking up a new outcast on Friday for the best deal ever brand new in the box for so cheap it is a v2 and has the silver body. A guy put it on layaway at my lhs then he stopped paying for it me and my lhs owner are good friends so he called me yesterday and said I can have it for the balance that was left and it is less then half the price I'm excited. Now I can have another outcast to drive while I figure out how 2 make a 12s motor work in my other outcast gonna b crazy. I won't run 12s but I am thinking of a 8s outcast.
Screenshot_20180412-053213.jpg

I like that here is what I bought for the outcast its gonna b crazy I'm picking up a new outcast on Friday for the best deal ever brand new in the box for so cheap it is a v2 and has the silver body. A guy put it on layaway at my lhs then he stopped paying for it me and my lhs owner are good friends so he called me yesterday and said I can have it for the balance that was left and it is less then half the price I'm excited. Now I can have another outcast to drive while I figure out how 2 make a 12s motor work in my other outcast gonna b crazy. I won't run 12s but I am thinking of a 8s outcast.
Wonder how long the dog bones and diffs will hold up to that kind of torque.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back