Big Rock Need advice on best 4s motor and esc set up for speed runs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King blitz

Don't just modify . customize .
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Vendetta
  5. Infraction 4x4
I'm going to upgrade my BRcc blx v3 to 4 s .pretty much done with the 3s stock set up.so I've been reading a lot of past threads on what people have done to there's and it's all old threads and I was wondering if there are newer set ups that would be better .I'm just looking to hit the upper 70s or maybe even 80s just need advice from experience on what motor and esc would work.i understand that there is more work to do than just motor and esc.like gearing and changing my diffs.if anyone here could give me that info also I would appreciate it alot.problem is there is so many people that suggest but probably not speaking from experience just from what they heard..I don't want to waste time on a set up that might work.i just really want true experience on a good 4 s set up plz.i only do speed passes and if I can get it to upper 70's I'm happy with that.if you like check out my build thread and give me advice to complete my build of
Big Papa long rockđź‘Ť thank you

so you'd be only doing speed runs with your big rock, no bashing ?
I'm not a basher .I only do speed passes .it's no longer really a truck lol if you look at my build thread on extending the chassis and body its set up for just speed passes.thats all I'm into
so you'd be only doing speed runs with your big rock, no bashing ?
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/big-rock-v3-3s-blx-body-and-chassis-extended-build-project.56253/
Thats the link to my build thread

I'm not a basher .I only do speed passes .it's no longer really a truck lol if you look at my build thread on extending the chassis and body its set up for just speed passes.thats all I'm into

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/big-rock-v3-3s-blx-body-and-chassis-extended-build-project.56253/
just had a look, congrats. that looks absolutely sick! I might not be able to help too much then, because I was wondering how much of the quick wins you already tried, such as gearing, right tyres etc. But looking at your build and tyres, you probably did try those.

Thank you bro I appreciate it..I have a lot of different on road tires I prefer the slicks on black dish .as for gearing it's still stock
Thank you for trying to help .you can allways tune in to my build thread and see my updates.parts coming in and working on extending the body as you saw I bought another BRcc body to merge them together.still trying to figure best option .I have a few thoughts on what I want just haven't set my mind to which way I'm going.

Thank you bro I appreciate it..I have a lot of different on road tires I prefer the slicks on black dish .as for gearing it's still stock
hmm, in this case you could try some gearing. I don't know whats your best speed right now, but for instance with my Vorteks, that comes with 18T gear, I already done 53mph on stock tyres with very little space. They say the 20T gear will do 60mph. its advertised on the box and I'm pretty sure my batteries can do it. If I also put some tyres like yours ( they are ordered btw :D ) then Im pretty sure I can go into the high 60's.
the good thing with doing speed runs is that you do it for a short amount of time, so overheating is not necessarily a problem. I probably would go and put in some 20T gear and see how it goes if you haven't tried it yet.
what is your current top speed? if I remember well Big Rock was quite low geared compared to Vorteks (funny enough that's why their top speed was lower, otherwise electrics are same apart from receiver/transmitter iirc)

hmm, in this case you could try some gearing. I don't know whats your best speed right now, but for instance with my Vorteks, that comes with 18T gear, I already done 53mph on stock tyres with very little space. They say the 20T gear will do 60mph. its advertised on the box and I'm pretty sure my batteries can do it. If I also put some tyres like yours ( they are ordered btw :D ) then Im pretty sure I can go into the high 60's.
the good thing with doing speed runs is that you do it for a short amount of time, so overheating is not necessarily a problem. I probably would go and put in some 20T gear and see how it goes if you haven't tried it yet.
what is your current top speed? if I remember well Big Rock was quite low geared compared to Vorteks (funny enough that's why their top speed was lower, otherwise electrics are same apart from receiver/transmitter iirc)
I haven't tryed any gearing yet.this is why I'm asking so I can get a idea of what's been used and what has solid feed back.the fastest I've gone was upper 50s .
My electronics barely get warm after speed passes.thats after 3 or 4 .have you tryed the 20 tooth gear ?
The tp3650-3080kv is a great motor for these platforms.36mm so it'll clear centershaft bearing support...it'll run upto 5s...tons of power..needs castle esc to run it thou
Thanks k-bash I'll check that set up..are you talking from experience? Do you have that set up and running?I'd like to see a pic

I haven't tryed any gearing yet.this is why I'm asking so I can get a idea of what's been used and what has solid feed back.the fastest I've gone was upper 50s .
My electronics barely get warm after speed passes.thats after 3 or 4 .have you tryed the 20 tooth gear ?
I don't have a long and safe enough space to do speedruns. I still achieved 53mph w the lower, 18T gear, so I didnt. But I expect to be able to achieve 60mph and then with the new racing tyres to achieve 65+

Thanks k-bash I'll check that set up..are you talking from experience? Do you have that set up and running?I'd like to see a pic
I've tried many different tp motors..4030,4050,4060,3650.ive went the fastest with the bigger 170$ ones but I'm currently running the 110$ 3650-3080kv 2y..it's light,fits well an plenty of power...here's last hit I did with it.1200ft short hit..

I've tried many different tp motors..4030,4050,4060,3650.ive went the fastest with the bigger 170$ ones but I'm currently running the 110$ 3650-3080kv 2y..it's light,fits well an plenty of power...here's last hit I did with it.1200ft short hit..
That's awesome.wow solid run ..very fast nice work..I don't expect to hit that speed but as long as I hit upper 80s I'll be toatly happy..I'll look into the set up you have and see if it fits my budget.so would that motor actually fit my stock motor mount? That's also a concern because im staying with the stock modular set up.i just want to be able to swap out the stock 3s motor and drop something bigger but still be able to use my motor mount

I'd go with mm2 an tp3650-2350kv if 80ish mph is your goal..it would be about 250$

Screenshot_20221125-092354_Chrome.jpg

Or a cheaper route I'd go with this 150a quikrun an 4068-2650kv for 150$

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221125-092751_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20221125-092751_Google.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20221125-093052_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20221125-093052_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
I'd go with mm2 an tp3650-2350kv if 80ish mph is your goal..it would be about 250$

View attachment 258379
Or a cheaper route I'd go with this 150a quikrun an 4068-2650kv for 150$
So this motor would be a simple drop in my stock motor mount of v3 blx?
And this motor esc combo would be better than what is offered from the arrma set ups?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back