Infraction Need advice on my Infraction build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jezzzy187

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
I got my new Infraction the other day was super excited...I made sure it ran then i tore it apart to turn the motor mount around like someone said I could to put a bigger motor and esc in it....my first problem is when I do this the rear driveshaft is almost to short lacks a fraction of coming out of the drive cups...has anybody had this problem or other problems Ill run into converting this to 8s?

I got my new Infraction the other day was super excited...I made sure it ran then i tore it apart to turn the motor mount around like someone said I could to put a bigger motor and esc in it....my first problem is when I do this the rear driveshaft is almost to short lacks a fraction of coming out of the drive cups...has anybody had this problem or other problems Ill run into converting this to 8s?
Those stock shafts have QC issues too. Check out Vas’ channel @Aussie RC Playground for how he fixed his.

Is there any specific video I should look at?
I watched all his videos on the infraction...they are mostly stock tests with different pinions...what I am wanting to do is Mod it as far as my checkbook will let me..I have already started decided on the mamba monster XLX with a tp power 4070..

Last edited:
I'm not sure if mine oscillates yet or not it's just almost too short after I swap the motor mount around is what I'm getting at

Sorry about that, must've of confused the issue. Yea, essentially a 'short" driveshaft is definitely something I haven't heard of so far.

It has an excessive amount of slop for sure like it's almost to short?

Attachments

• 1573236741724192217008771536815.jpg
    1573236741724192217008771536815.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 15732367868653469034334476076492.jpg
    15732367868653469034334476076492.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 58
Seeing those pics, I think mine has about the same amount of slop, just figured with the higher speed/power it was needed. I've never had an issue with either so far. I'll double check when I go to maintenance mine here soon.

So I took it back apart flip the motor mount back around the correct way and the slop in the drive rear drive shaft is a little better but I will not be running it this way :(

they have made some aftermarket driveshafts, maybe check into the lengths of those?
I wish they wernt $90 for the shafts I also think you need their braces aswell to fit the beefy shaft so your looking at $150ish for all that I don't know if the mods and price are justifiable plus I was really worried about the shaft problem and so far I know a few people that have gotten infractions from this second batch that just shipped and no one has had any oscillation problems so far but I will say my infraction has almost the same amount play on the rear and oringed it and have not had any problems so far.

I found those drive shafts on eBay made by supahd For 68$ and 16$ in shipping from Australia

My thinking, that is a bit overboard on the cost of those! ?

I'm most positive my Infraction was from the first batch, but I haven't noticed that problem. I really only noticed the slack when switching out diff fluid last time and again just thought due to the power running it, might've needed that lil extra slack..

You could be right Adidas... I just don't have that kind of slack on any other model they're all powered the same... Stock that is... My stretched Typhon has a max 6 esc and 4092 hobbystar it's way got way more power then a stock infraction and it doesn't have near the slop even after I mounted it on a Kraton frame.... Pretty sure mine fraction is a batch 2

I'm starting to get it mocked up and figure out what I'm going to put in this thing and how the batteries are going to go it's my winter project

Attachments

• IMG_20191119_125002.jpg
    IMG_20191119_125002.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20191119_124826.jpg
    IMG_20191119_124826.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 48
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back