Kraton Need avice on which rc to buy my 7yr old daughter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cater4anytink

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I nt sure what rc to get my 7yr daughter...she's had a go of my out cast today which I didn't enjoy lol,I would like to get the kraton for future proofing and myself of course...is there anyway of making it very slow? If not might have to gt senton due to the protection it offers.
Don't see the point in getting the fury,in a year she'll probably need an upgrade,would rather buy the best and de-tune it

I nt sure what rc to get my 7yr daughter...she's had a go of my out cast today which I didn't enjoy lol,I would like to get the kraton for future proofing and myself of course...is there anyway of making it very slow? If not might have to gt senton due to the protection it offers.
Don't see the point in getting the fury,in a year she'll probably need an upgrade,would rather buy the best and de-tune it

You may check to see if the stock remote has throttle end point adjustment. I believe it does but can check to make certain when I get home. It should be identical to your outcast. The two buttons that sit under your left thumb when grabbing the remote are where I think you can adjust. If you have your manual for the outcast it will say in there.

Ok
You may check to see if the stock remote has throttle end point adjustment. I believe it does but can check to make certain when I get home. It should be identical to your outcast. The two buttons that sit under your left thumb when grabbing the remote are where I think you can adjust. If you have your manual for the outcast it will say in there.
Ok will have a look now,thanks for input mate

This is also what I did for my five year old after all of my friends telling me to get two wheel drive brushed and I didn't want to deal with two wheel drive or brushed motors so I just got the Kraton to allow him to grow into it. I also figured in the long run it is cheaper just to buy the "right" vehicle from the start versus buying a cheaper one and then getting this one down the road. I am however swapping in a Castle 2200kv system so that he can start on 2s and then move to 3s and move to 4s as he gets older and more experienced. Don't know if that is something you would be interested in but figured I would throw it out there.

This is also what I did for my five year old after all of my friends telling me to get two wheel drive brushed and I didn't want to deal with two wheel drive or brushed motors so I just got the Kraton to allow him to grow into it. I also figured in the long run it is cheaper just to buy the "right" vehicle from the start versus buying a cheaper one and then getting this one down the road. I am however swapping in a Castle 2200kv system so that he can start on 2s and then move to 3s and move to 4s as he gets older and more experienced. Don't know if that is something you would be interested in but figured I would throw it out there.
Sounds like a plan...how much would that system cost?thanks for advice

Sounds like a plan...how much would that system cost?thanks for advice
If you want to go with Castle and Tower Hobbies, below are the links to the systems I found. The first three are 2200kv and the last system is 2650kv and the stock motor is 2050kv. I myself personally went with the second one as the first one is rated for 11 pounds and the others are rated for 15 pounds and the Kraton weighs just under 10 pounds and wanted to be on the safe side. Also remember the Tower Hobbies coupon codes which can get you $20 to $31 off depending on if which system you get and if you are a super saver member.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEBHZ&P=SM

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDAVJ&P=SM

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFMHJ&P=SM

Also if you want to save some money as well you could just get a new ESC and leave the motor stock as the motor is fine with 2s. It's just that the ESC can only "read" 3s, 4s and 6s. I just prefer to buy them as a combo because I like matching electronics and if you buy the motor and ESC separately you spend a decent amount more money.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDAXB&P=ML

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFMHS&P=ML

If you want to go with Castle and Tower Hobbies, below are the links to the systems I found. The first three are 2200kv and the last system is 2650kv and the stock motor is 2050kv. I myself personally went with the second one as the first one is rated for 11 pounds and the others are rated for 15 pounds and the Kraton weighs just under 10 pounds and wanted to be on the safe side. Also remember the Tower Hobbies coupon codes which can get you $20 to $31 off depending on if which system you get and if you are a super saver member.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEBHZ&P=SM

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDAVJ&P=SM

Also if you want to save some money as well you could just get a new ESC and leave the motor stock as the motor is fine with 2s. It's just that the ESC can only "read" 3s, 4s and 6s. I just prefer to buy them as a combo because I like matching electronics and if you buy the motor and ESC separately you spend a decent amount more money.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDAXB&P=ML

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFMHS&P=ML
I'm based in the UK mate which means i pay for overpriced prices for everything,I would import but the last time I did that I had had my tekno springs held to ransom until I paid a import fee,I'm hoping same thing doesn't happen with my gka parts I've ordered, lol

I'm based in the UK mate which means i pay for overpriced prices for everything,I would import but the last time I did that I had had my tekno springs held to ransom until I paid a import fee,I'm hoping same thing doesn't happen with my gka parts I've ordered, lol
probably would just change the ecs,save some money and easier

Sorry. I forgot to look where you were located.

Sorry about that. I forgot to look where you were located. I guess I would probably try what @Corider is suggesting and change the endpoints. That may/should be a "free" fix to limit it with 3s, 4s and 6s batteries and if you have trouble with that then maybe look into a new ESC. I never thought of trying that or else I would have tried that first before ordering a whole new power system.

Upgraded my son from his 1/10 truggy running on a 2s battery and 4400KV motor to the Kraton. It is not or speed but for its reliability, toughness, and yes you can run it on 6s but he'll run it on 4s and you can run it on 3s and change the pinion too to 'limit' its speed.

My view is go for the Kraton or the Senton.

Would have gone for the Senton for my 6yo daughter but I already had good electrics and didn't find a Senton roller at a good price so ended up buying a 1/10 shortcourse second hand a TM2 from Team C racing but that was only because I couldn't find a Senton roller. But if you don't have anything go for the senton.

Just my 2 cents.... hope it helps

Upgraded my son from his 1/10 truggy running on a 2s battery and 4400KV motor to the Kraton. It is not or speed but for its reliability, toughness, and yes you can run it on 6s but he'll run it on 4s and you can run it on 3s and change the pinion too to 'limit' its speed.

My view is go for the Kraton or the Senton.

Would have gone for the Senton for my 6yo daughter but I already had good electrics and didn't find a Senton roller at a good price so ended up buying a 1/10 shortcourse second hand a TM2 from Team C racing but that was only because I couldn't find a Senton roller. But if you don't have anything go for the senton.

Just my 2 cents.... hope it helps
Aussie rc also recommended the senton due to it's protection benefits.. kraton or senton which ever one i can find for the cheapest il grab. Thank you all for the good advice

Just a heads up on the throttle end point adjustment. I can't get it to work on my Kraton or my 3 year old sons Granite. Both manuals say it should work but I can't figure it out.

Last edited:
I love my Arrma's but a 1/8 scale can be a bit much for a 7yr old. Not that you can go wrong with the Senton or Kraton but you could start cheaper with something cheaper/smaller like the Team Redcat TRMT10E. Tough little 1/10 scale Monster Truck for under $300 on Tower with coupon. After watching the vids on youtube I'm tempted to get one myself for that price. Can't go wrong with an Arrma either.

You could always gear down the pinion to like 8 or 10 tooth and use a 3s battery. That should keep it plenty slow! The Kraton is just as durable as a Senton, and if you guys are doing grass/offroad runs, the Kraton's larger tires will help him get over the terrain a lot better than the Senton.

Aussie rc also recommended the senton due to it's protection benefits.. kraton or senton which ever one i can find for the cheapest il grab. Thank you all for the good advice

Hey glad to help when I can as I also get advice on other bits of RC with my son's Kraton.
1/8 scale is bigger than 1/10 obviously but I am hoping to find them much tougher too and for their age, quite good actually.
I may be looking for a senton or another Kraton soon, depending on how it goes with the Kraton.

I have an Outcast and young children.

My concern with collisions is limiting the damage to person or property.

It is not advertised, but clearly documented in the manual of the 1/8th scale ARRMA series that the ESC can operate on 3S. This is what I've done, limiting the speed to half of what the cars are capable of.
I've also turned down the ESC punch setting to 1. This limits the acceleration.

So no wheelie popping, backflips or jumps for my son. Just smooth & stable driving on any terrain.
:)

The throttle end point does not limit top speed. It is for calibrating the throttle trigger (the end-points of the throttle 'throw'). You need a transmitter/receiver with throttle dual-rate to limit the top speed (like how steering dual rate limits your maximum steering)

Accidents can still happen, and the other thing i do is choosing a play area that has soft boundaries eg. From asphalt to sand, instead of parking lot with curbs. I never let my son drive unsupervised (I'm not driving my own RC whilst he is driving)

The Senton is arguably the most rugged due to the internal protective structures and the body shape.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back