Senton Need buying advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aSae

ARRM4 Addict
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Talion
Hello All, merry christmas, I hope the best wishes for you all, I am new to Arrma family, coming from 3 Slash 4x4 tsm vxl LCG and after deep research seems that Arrma Senton 6s is definitely a next step up for me whilst it will give me a room to grow. My question is it the right time to buy Senton 6s v3 right now (my LHS still has it, i live in Poland) considering the rumors here and there that it is discontinued (worried about spare parts) and seems that Mojave will be the next focus. Or should i wait a bit and see how it goes? or Mojave is the way to go? I am mostly using 2s in my slash, main reason is things will start to break with stock (ie. Axles, diff, etc unless i upgraded majority of it to ie. Mip) if i start to use 3s, and i understand that with Arrma Senton 6s, you can do 3, 4 up to 6s since the stock conf is already ready for that without the need to upgrade or change anything (please correct me if i am wrong). The reason I ask as its going to be another investment for me (ie. I have couples of 12mm spare badlands tires meanwhile Senton is 17mm) not to mention the double 3s-es battery of course ? which is fine, but i just want to avoid the need to upgrade expensive axles for example or max8 or castle esc and motor. I just want something that was built for it, ready for me to go up and has room to grow.

I owned a slash for almost a decade, and when I got a senton I sold it. The senton 6s is the godsend of the SCT world.. a completely different league from the slash.

Thanks Peeenuuutt, that's why i lean towards it :) getting it is for sure, but the dilemma i have is it the right time to buy the Senton 6s v3 right now considering that i've read in this forum saying that it is discontinued (worried about spare parts, ie. in jennyrc almost all parts not available anymore) and seems that Mojave will be the next focus. Or should i wait a bit and see how it goes? or maybe Mojave is the way to go? (though i still prefer the size of 1/10)....

Tough call , I have both , I use the Mojave more . It has more ground clearance , jumps nice , goes across the fields soaking up the ruts/bumps whereas the Senton kinda bouncing around more because of the smaller tires .
Had a few Slashes to , sold them , the Senton 6s is a whole different world of power and durability in a 1/10 SC truck .
If you like SC trucks , you will not be disappointed with the Mojave !!!!

Thanks Peeenuuutt, that's why i lean towards it :) getting it is for sure, but the dilemma i have is it the right time to buy the Senton 6s v3 right now considering that i've read in this forum saying that it is discontinued (worried about spare parts, ie. in jennyrc almost all parts not available anymore) and seems that Mojave will be the next focus. Or should i wait a bit and see how it goes? or maybe Mojave is the way to go? (though i still prefer the size of 1/10)....

Honestly I wouldnt worry about spare part availability, I beleive arrma will continue to produce replacement parts for that rig.. I've bought rod ends from arrma that still had 6s nero parts in it... and that rig has been gone a while now... I could be wrong but I think they will still manufacture parts for it for some time to come...

What you could do is mention the discontinuation of the 6s senton and maybe the price will get cheaper.. :love: .. worth a shot man.. maybe he makes an offer you just cant refuse...

But either way your getting one hell of a rig!

Parts for the Senton shouldn’t be hard to get. Most are shared with other rigs. The unique ones could be kept on hand for a low cost anyways.

That said, if it were my money, I am buying the Mohave. That sucker looks bad ass

Thanks All for the advice, will try to see if my lhs can be shaken like @Camaroboy383 suggested ;) if can't, then more and more am leaning towards Mojave now so sexy and could also serves as my entrance to bigger scale :LOL: so we'll see .. shortly :D

Mojave is amazing! Ran mine yesterday, I think personally best out of the box arrma vehicle. Grin ear to ear whole the whole time!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back