Felony Need Felony Help to keep tail end in control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zizi8862

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 4s
Need advice from Felony Gurus

Im finding my felony to always kick out the tail end when turning at medium to high speed both on and off throttle. I understand they are designed to have tail end come out to drift but I cant seem to be able to keep the car in control while taking medium speed turns. It just keeps swinging out and it becomes frustrating when you are trying to steer the car instead of drifting it.

Any suggestion would be great because otherwise the car is fast and looks good.

I don’t have a Felony, but you could try the softest compound tires for more grip. If you hold the front of the car in the air and use throttle to smoke (warm up the tires) the rear tires, see if you have more grip.
Have you checked if your diffs are still smooth and bearings are OK; maybe there is more friction in one side of the diff or wheel bearings.

I tried and tried 500k in the center diff helped. 1million maybe better never tried. (Plan on trying couldn't find 1mill at the time) Finally converted 1 felony to be able to use the same tires as the front. Thread around here some where on how to change it up I forget off hand. The Felony I converted has a C8 Corvette body and no need for wheel extension.

Need advice from Felony Gurus

Im finding my felony to always kick out the tail end when turning at medium to high speed both on and off throttle. I understand they are designed to have tail end come out to drift but I cant seem to be able to keep the car in control while taking medium speed turns. It just keeps swinging out and it becomes frustrating when you are trying to steer the car instead of drifting it.

Any suggestion would be great because otherwise the car is fast and looks good.

There are many threads on this issue. The biggest flaw of this rig and as others said above changing the wide tires and gearing to the same in the front is the best approach. YT video on that one

Diff changes and other suspension changes "kind of" help but it does not get it balanced as it is seen on the Infraction. Long read look these over....lots of history and info there.

Links to those with the same common issue:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/felony-rear-end-slides-out-so-easy.29621/

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...loose-as-after-a-nite-at-taco-bell-why.31130/

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/help-on-drifting-my-felony-vs-infraction-v1.27890/

I managed to get mine to drive much tighter than stock by adjusting the shock tower positions out in the rear. Camber about 0-0.5 in the rear and 1 in the front. Front toe pretty much dead straight. Adjusted droop about 10mm in the front and 20 in the back with the preload about 5mm of thread showing the front and 10mm in the back. Also a different steering servo felt like night and day difference to me. I just got one of those cheap 25KG ones on Amazon. It's faster and turns allot better.

Stock my Felony was burning up the insides of the tires with way too much camber. It still gets out under allot of speed or torque but that's what the car was made to do. I think honestly the front grips much much harder than the rear so you could always try to induce understeer in the front by laying the front shocks down, I think they're in their tallest position stock and raising the front up a little bit more. The way I have mine set is pretty much perfect and I'm using the Hoons whites that it came with. I still have yet to burn through them. Have 3 sets of the Hoons golds to try once these get used up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back