Granite Need help 4th Run!! Something is wrong with my Front Axel or Shock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• Axel Tweak 3.jpg
    Axel Tweak 3.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 28
@jondilly1974 -Do you think there is more going on then adjusting the turnbuckle?
I mean take a look at that pic that I attached and how tweaked that right wheel looks.
Nope. Those links are almost all the way closed. You will need to turn them a whole bunch to get the toe set correctly.

Thanks guys for all of your input. I 100% agree @bicketybam that (RIGHT) wheel is doing something on its own! Anyways, this is my 1st real RC truck so please bare with me guys. Does anybody know what size wrench i NEED for the turnbuckle?
View attachment 42356

I have a turnbuckle wrench that fits bit you can use an adjustable wrench of you can find one small enough. Removing the side mud guard will make adjusting it easier.

Nope. Those links are almost all the way closed. You will need to turn them a whole bunch to get the toe set correctly.

Ok good @bicketybam, b.c I thought I might have broken something especially after my shock was just repaired! I am heading to home depot now before it gets to let to grab a few small wrecks to work on the Aligment of the tires. I will keep ya posted and let you know how it turned out. I am sure i AM NOT the only NEWBIE on ARRMA that's having this trouble with there Vechile. Also, i will be posting a video on making these slight adjustments and how to do it.,

If you really think it's the toe links swap left to right and see what it looks like if the excessive toe out follows the link to the other side. Also compare the two when taken off and compare the the center hole to center length the both should be around the same length. Adjust out too far you weaken the link by not having that many threads in the link rod ends when trying to get more toe in.

Ok good @bicketybam, b.c I thought I might have broken something especially after my shock was just repaired! I am heading to home depot now before it gets to let to grab a few small wrecks to work on the Aligment of the tires. I will keep ya posted and let you know how it turned out. I am sure i AM NOT the only NEWBIE on ARRMA that's having this trouble with there Vechile. Also, i will be posting a video on making these slight adjustments and how to do it.,
No apologies needed. I’m a noob as well. Ed was one a long time ago too. That’s why we’re all here. To help each other out.
If you really think it's the toe links swap left to right and see what it looks like if the excessive toe out follows the link to the other side. Also compare the two when taken off and compare the the center hole to center length the both should be around the same length. Adjust out too far you weaken the link by not having that many threads in the link rod ends when trying to get more toe in.

Those links have plenty of turns in them.

if the truck was new and was fine... its not the damn links, the front steering knuckle is broken. We are currently drawing up some CNC ones.
dissasemble that cornor and you will see, my answer at the begging was just ignored, you wouldve had it fixed and enjoying yourself by now.

I agree. The turnbuckles are near equal on both sides so it's not the issue. Something else has broken causing the one tire to be way out of alignment.

I agree. The turnbuckles are near equal on both sides so it's not the issue. Something else has broken causing the one tire to be way out of alignment.
Both turnbuckles could be way short and the servo saver off center. ?

the knuckles break before it damages the steering link/servo saver, personally i tighten and or glue mine solid and upgrade the servo in every single car we have, its not a if but a when the stock one fails.
When we use Alloy case servos we don't even use the grommets etc.

The steering rack is relatively centered in the pictures with one tire straight and the other really toed out. With the turnbuckles the same on both sides and the steering rack centered, then both tires would be toed out the same if the turnbuckles are way too short.

Last edited:
The steering rack is relatively centered in the pictures with one tire straight and the other really toed out. With the turnbuckles the same on both sides and the steering rack centered, then both tires would be toed out the same if the turnbuckles are way too short.
It’s not centered. It’s clearly to the right. Enough to make a difference.

No need to upgrade the Servo currently yet mates! When I dropped off my Arrma @ my LHS since its only a week old, they said they would take care of turnbuckle and do some adjustments to the right side of the wheel and Calibrate the alignment so both tires are pointing straight! I tried taking it apart yesterday but just could not figure it out! While I was there I picked up a new Dynamite 3s battery which should hit speeds of 45mph+ no problem. My 1st upgrade is my front bumper - got a T-Bone one in the picture and the second upgrade will be a pair of new shocks and dump the stock plastic ones the truck comes with.

Attachments

• T-bone front bumper.jpeg
    T-bone front bumper.jpeg
    80.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back