Outcast Need help car goes into lvc with charged batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTF MIKE

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Last night I did A speed run on 6s. My first pass something seemed wrong so I swapped the batteries and put fresh set in. I would do a pass and the car would kick into lvc. It kept doing this any thoughts as to what it could be? I have a feeling my esc is on its way out. It’s the stock blx185 and my motor is hobbystar 2000kv

It could be the batteries are worn out or you might be geared too high. What batteries are you using?

It could be the batteries are worn out or you might be geared too high. What batteries are you using?
I use 2x3s gensacearespammers 5000mah and 2x3s venom 5000mah and they are brand new. When I plug in my battery tester they are fine

Does the car roll freely and what gearing are you using?
I have a hobby star 2000kv with 16t pinion the truck was running totally fine until yesterday. I can still drive it but as soon as I try to do a speed run that’s when it kicks into lvc

It's not recommended, but I've read people saying that they run theirs like that to use 5S batteries.
Assuming batteries are OK when checked after a couple of runs it could confirm the ESC is faulty.

It's not recommended, but I've read people saying that they run theirs like that to use 5S batteries.
Assuming batteries are OK when checked after a couple of runs it could confirm the ESC is faulty.
Will try it and keep you posted

What's the "C" value on the Batts? I think the minimum is 35C. Could that affect the ESC?
This. For normal bashing, you want 35c ,but for speed runs, you should be running the highest C you can afford.

Also, on those long, big amp, WOT pulls, some ESCs will trip into an over current protection mode. Maybe you are seeing that?

What's the "C" value on the Batts? I think the minimum is 35C. Could that affect the ESC?
I use 50c. The esc just started to work normal for awhile until I got the 4 green flashing light. It lasted about 3 months after I started this thread

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back