Typhon Need Help Choosing a truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YakAttack

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
Hello all
I’m looking to update from a converted tmaxx brushless, tired of breaking every run. I run a mix of grass, dirt/trails, and pavement. The grass is usually well kept.
I’m interested in a Typhon 3s or the new 4s models(kraton,Outcast) but not sure if they’re worth the extra money. I have 2s,3s, and 4s batteries and a good charger.
Any help is appreciated
Thanks

Edit: I could go 6s trucks if it’s worth it but I don’t plan on big air, for now...

Edit 2: I bought a 4s Kraton at my LHS today. Thanks to everyone for sharing your advice and experiences. Can’t wait to put this truck through it’s paces.

Last edited:
Hi @YakAttack, and welcome to the forum. Don't own either, so not for me to say. I'm sure there will be plenty of discussion on the topic, over the next few hours/days, so sit tight. Whatever you choose, you're going to love the Arrma life.

Hi @YakAttack, and welcome to the forum. Don't own either, so not for me to say. I'm sure there will be plenty of discussion on the topic, over the next few hours/days, so sit tight. Whatever you choose, you're going to love the Arrma life.
Thanks.
I should have mentioned I’m new to the forum but not arrma. I have an outcast 6s and it’s a whole new level. So this would be the second major edition to the family.

The 6s models are noted for incredible durability.
The 3s and 4s models have noted weakness in the A-Arms around the hinge-pins. A few repairs makes up the price difference in short time to go ahead and jump to the 6s model.

KRATON HAS NO WEAKNESS ONLY DESTROY MODE

Last edited:
The 6s models are noted for incredible durability.
The 3s and 4s models have noted weakness in the A-Arms around the hinge-pins. A few repairs makes up the price difference in short time to go ahead and jump to the 6s model.

KRATON HAS NO WEAKNESS ONLY DESTROY MODE
What he said

T-Maxx, huh. Been there ?

Had a T, converted to E, now it's dead D
Anyway, this is a 6s Typhon with extended hubs & Kraton diffs. It's pretty much a mini Kraton. The 6s line in general are the most versatile cars in RC. You already know how much of a game changer the Outcast is. The Kraton is an allrounder but the Typhon can cover all the bases too if you're handy.

T-Maxx, huh. Been there ?

View attachment 37855
View attachment 37857
View attachment 37858

Had a T, converted to E, now it's dead D
Anyway, this is a 6s Typhon with extended hubs & Kraton diffs. It's pretty much a mini Kraton. The 6s line in general are the most versatile cars in RC. You already know how much of a game changer the Outcast is. The Kraton is an allrounder but the Typhon can cover all the bases too if you're handy.
That looks great!

If you're not going for insane Bashing, a la Field Goals with your truck, Then I might suggest the Big Rock Crew Cab. I've had mine for 4 months and I have put it through more abuse than I ever thought possible. The only parts I have swapped out were because I wanted to, not because they failed. I survived running two 3S packs thru it last weekend at the Skatepark, no breakage, and believe me it wasn't because of my driving. Easy to wrench on and even if you do break some parts, they are easy to find and much cheaper than the 6S line.

That being said, I do have a Kraton 6S on the way so...

If you're not going for insane Bashing, a la Field Goals with your truck, Then I might suggest the Big Rock Crew Cab. I've had mine for 4 months and I have put it through more abuse than I ever thought possible. The only parts I have swapped out were because I wanted to, not because they failed. I survived running two 3S packs thru it last weekend at the Skatepark, no breakage, and believe me it wasn't because of my driving. Easy to wrench on and even if you do break some parts, they are easy to find and much cheaper than the 6S line.

That being said, I do have a Kraton 6S on the way so...
Field goals! @Primarrma did you hear that? Someone was doing field goal attempts with their Kraton. That's just crazy, right???

We have been very happy with the 3s Granite and just received a 3s Typhon. The typhoon is awesome and plenty fast for my son and I.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back