Need help choosing new motor for Senton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennay

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
There are so many options, and my newbie self can't quite decide/ figure out what would be best.
???????

So many options...... I would like to keep it around 100 bucks though. Thanks for the help! I'd like to order by tonight. I'm really missing driving my truck. :(

Edit: Forgot to mention it will be paired with a HW Max8 ESC that I already have in route. Also, mainly on 6s.

Ok, so the stock motor is 43mm in diameter, and by the looks of the chassis, it contacts slightly when the chassis flexes. I am new to this stuff, and am wondering if I could raise the center diff supports approx. 3mm to allow a 49mm Castle 1717 in there? I'm thinking it would be ok with longer screws but am unsure about the extra power and whether or not it would hold up. Thoughts?

Will do. I Think I am going to start a thread with my build details and pictures because there aren't very many Senton builds that I can find.

I have the Castle MMX/2200kv combo in my Senton. It makes enough power on 4s that it can't utilize most of it on carpet or dirt tracks!! If you are just bashing, you will be amazed...haven't tried 6s yet, but am going to try it on a friends large dirt oval..

True, the card only offers basic tuning. I have their program on my laptop, and that is what I use to make certain changes.

You'll like the Leopard motors.
I pulled the Leopard 4082 2000KV out of my Kraton and put it in my new Senton.
It's a beast.
Senton-3.jpg

Hobbywing QUICRUN-WP-8BL150 Waterproof 150A Brushless ESC

It's awesome.:D

I use the LED program card.
I purchased mine separately and is only about $10 and well worth the investment.
It works for all my HW esc's.

No problem.
Haha! So far I've only run 4s with a 16t pinion and its beastly. Top speed on that setup might be in the high 30's(mph) but the torque is mega. If I pop in the 6s it's probably going to be berserk. Thinking about tuning this for 4s and upping to an 18t pinion and hoping for a good all around setup. After running for 30mins on 4s, temps are pretty cool so gearing up shouldn't be an issue.

I need help with my lipo battery. I don't know where to keep them I don't wanna keep them inside my house I have it in an ammo can On a ziplock bag then inside my ammo can
They said moisture is not good for it Also have a moisture absorber inside the ammo can Its in that shack
Is it ok in there?

20160801_182054.jpg

Hey guys, just a couple questions if anyone has any information on whether the Senton would hold up good with a 2200kV Mamba Monster set up? Is it to much power for it to handle? And any comparisons between the blx 185 2050kV stock set up and the MM max 2200kV? Cheers

I have the Castle MMX/2200kv combo in my Senton. It makes enough power on 4s that it can't utilize most of it on carpet or dirt tracks!! If you are just bashing, you will be amazed...haven't tried 6s yet, but am going to try it on a friends large dirt oval..
How would you compare the performance to the stock set up? Worth the upgrade?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back