Talion Need help custom build arm Italian XL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonjon0389

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I've got Italian XL 6s that I've built from the ground up. It's all Basher Queen hot racing and m2c racing. The motor is a Castle Creations 1520 with the mamba s Monster X ESC. I have a radio link remote with the 720 Radio link gyro receiver. Using a power Hobbies 798 servo. I was using it the other day ago and it went from going to completely stopped and in the process of it being completely stopped it smells like the motor was burning up. I'm using a 20 tooth pinion and a 52 Spur Gear. The Castle link creation sensor wire is plugged in and is set to turn the motor off at 170°. I did all the setup with the motor with a Castle Creations technician online on my computer through Castle link. Now Castle Creations is telling me I need to send my motor and ESC into them and it could take 3 to 7 weeks before I get it back. Does anybody have any ideas of what could have happened I mean I tried to follow protocol and do it exactly what Castle Creations said I'm lost at what happened and what I need to do
That is a Mamba Monster 8s x ESC and a 50 tooth spur gear
I've got Italian XL 6s that I've built from the ground up. It's all Basher Queen hot racing and m2c racing. The motor is a Castle Creations 1520 with the mamba s Monster X ESC. I have a radio link remote with the 720 Radio link gyro receiver. Using a power Hobbies 798 servo. I was using it the other day ago and it went from going to completely stopped and in the process of it being completely stopped it smells like the motor was burning up. I'm using a 20 tooth pinion and a 52 Spur Gear. The Castle link creation sensor wire is plugged in and is set to turn the motor off at 170°. I did all the setup with the motor with a Castle Creations technician online on my computer through Castle link. Now Castle Creations is telling me I need to send my motor and ESC into them and it could take 3 to 7 weeks before I get it back. Does anybody have any ideas of what could have happened I mean I tried to follow protocol and do it exactly what Castle Creations said I'm lost at what happened and what I need to do
That is a Mamba Monster 8s x ESC and a 50-tooth spur gear

That is a Mamba Monster 8s x ESC and a 50 tooth spur gear

That is a Mamba Monster 8s x ESC and a 50-tooth spur gear
Did you physically temp the motor and ESC with and external temp gauge?

No I didn't.. I'm using a gen ace 6800mah 120c pro bashing battery with es5 connectors

No I didn't.. I'm using a gen ace 6800mah 120c pro bashing battery with es5 connectors
So the truck runs fine still, you are just having a motor smell issue? They smell when they heat up. Just like a new car smell. You should purchase an external temp gauge, I’ve had ESC’s with temp gauges on a sensor system, they are not 100% accurate.

No I did not I couldn't find my temp gun I found it now but now if I hit the gas and let off it immediately breaks and the motor goes to like 170° in like less than a minute
No the motor is not running properly now it won't really run it all it'll go and then immediately breaks but when it goes it sounds like it's trying to break as in like put on the brakes
I've never driven it in water I've never driven it in snow I only drive it when it's when it's dry outside when it's sunny and I'm only really ran the motor probably five times

Did you check the motor bearings? Was this a used unit and might have overheated before you got it? If so you demagnetize motors when you overheat them. Then when you go to use them, they are no where near as efficient and create heat quickly. Best way is to simply buy a new motor and try it out while yours is getting looked at by castle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back