Outcast Need help deciding today on which Savox servo to upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superticky

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion EXB
So my stock servo just told me today "NO MORE!". Totally stripped it again and this time not repairable.

I need a servo today from my LHS since I have a bashing session tomorrow with my family at the park.

This are the ones they have in stock. I already have a Hot Racing aluminium mount.

Could you please recommend me on which is the best price/quality/compatible option ? I see they vary in price a lot and they all have good reviews. Also which one is more compatible with Notorious and Hot Racing Aluminium mount. I do casual bashing with stock tires in short grass/dirt with 4S and 16T pinion (max 40mph) and low straight jumps (no backflips).

I don't need much waterproof since I don't drive on wet surface or when raining. Also some additional questions:

1-) Do I need a high voltage one ?
2-) Would I need a capacitor or is that optional ?
3-) Should I get one with gear set part available in case I need to repair later ? I repaired my stock one 3 times :)

Thank you guys for your professional opinions !!!
  • Savox SC-0252MG Standard Digital Metal Gear $30
  • Savox SC-0251 "Larger Standard" Digital High Torque Metal Gear $35
  • Savox SW-0231MG "Tall" Metal Gear Digital $37
  • Savox SW-0230MG Waterproof Metal Gear Digital (High Voltage) $37
  • Savox SC-1258TG Standard Digital "High Speed" Titanium Gear $60
  • Savox SC-1256TG Standard Digital "High Torque" Titanium Gear $70
  • Savox SA-1230SG Tall Digital Steel Gear $70
  • Savox SW-1210SG "Tall" Waterproof Aluminum Case Digital Steel Gear (High Voltage) $82
Thank you again so so so much guys ! :-D

Last edited:
sw-1210sg also here. unfortunately most expensive. power hd 20 kg servos offer good bang for buck , will be able to replace 3 for one savox.

In that case would the SC-1256TG be a better option since it's not HV ? bicketybam would I need a spacer or any mods to connect it with the HR mount and stock horn ? Thank you guys !

for the 1210 you need like 1/8-1/4 inch of spacer to get the servo arm level...

Ok, then no need for HV servo unless you plan on upgrading the ESC in the future.

This is what I had to do to get mine mounted. Had to space it up off the mount since it is tall and then space the servo arm to keep the linkage parallel with the servo.

Yes, not in list case not in stock at my lhs.

The list is what they have in stock in store since I need to get one at the end of the day before they close.

So far looks like SC-1256TG is my best option since I don't need HV or waterproof. High torque is stronger than high speed and better durable option for the notorious right ?

In that case would the SC-1256TG be a better option since it's not HV ? bicketybam would I need a spacer or any mods to connect it with the HR mount and stock horn ? Thank you guys !
I run a voltage hobbies servo mount which is taller than stock. So I'm not really sure. I don't think so though.

I would go to your local hardware store, like Ace Harware and stock up on aluminum and nylon spacers and washers. Get them in every length that fits a M3 screw. It’s nice to have them if you need them such as a case like this. Buy at least 4 of each size, all of them together will be under $10. May as well get some extra M3 screws in various lengths while you are there. Most of the time you can make 90% of things work having these things on hand.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back