Mojave Need help! Diff fluid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabe8501

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
I changed diff fluid on the Mojave. Went 50k on front, 500k center, 30k rear. Wanted 200k on center (guy at local shop talked me into 500k).
Problem is it doesn't sound healthy, afraid to get it to 50% plus throttle and when I let off throttle it doesn't coast it actually stops like it's the brakes are applied.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

Last edited:
I changed diff fluid on the Mojave. Went 50k on front, 500k center, 30k rear. Wanted 200k on center (guy at local shop talked me into 500k).
Problem is it doesn't sound healthy, afraid to get it to 50% plus throttle and when I let off throttle it doesn't coast it actually stops like it's the brakes are applied.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you
Sounds like you didn’t get it shimmed right. Is that possible? Might be binding.

Sounds like you didn’t get it shimmed right. Is that possible? Might be binding.
I could swear I didn't have a shim missing
Found this when I opened it up

Attachments

• 20200405_170149.jpg
    20200405_170149.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 122
  • 20200405_170421.jpg
    20200405_170421.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 115
I could swear I didn't have a shim missing
I would put the fronts down on the ground, holding the rear up and put a little throttle to it. Then do the opposite, put the front up rear down. See if you can tell which is worse.

Let us know exactly what you screwed up so we can avoid the same mistake. Did it indeed turn out to be a screw mishap?
Lol yes sir, was tje screw mishap! Idk how the hell I did it but I buttoned up the differential with the screws for the plastic top diff cover! Swapped them out... she's all good now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back