Granite Need help finding a 25 tooth servo saver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys i currently have a granite 4x4 blx v3 and i recently broke my servo apparently 23 tooth servo upgrades are next to impossible to find ,so then i found a 25 tooth servo, another issue is the now i need a 25t servo saver and i can't find any in CANADA i found this one but it loooks like it wont fit please help https://www.rcsuperstore.com/hot-racing-blue-aluminum-servo-saver-for-23-25-spline-servos/
This is what you want AR340151 https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/p/22022536988
Sorry I'm on my phone at the moment and I can't easily get links to ebay Canada is keeps switching me back to the US.

This is an often recommended servo saver also for the Granite: https://www.amazon.ca/124-Gas-Truck...&keywords=kimbrough+124&qid=1611690345&sr=8-2

I have one with a ADS15 servo waiting to be installed once the stock Spektrum servo dies. I can't comment on performances, yet.

I think some trimming is needed to fit the Kimbrough SS in the Arrma 3S line however.
Yeah the servo saver needs to be trimmed down. I bought one but was not impressed by it at all, it developed about 2 hours of slop in either direction which made the steering slop even worse and I just went back to the stock one.

Yeah the servo saver needs to be trimmed down. I bought one but was not impressed by it at all, it developed about 2 hours of slop in either direction which made the steering slop even worse and I just went back to the stock one.

Oh really? Hummm, well that sucks! Good thing I still have my stock one from the V2!

Thanks for the info!

Oh really? Hummm, well that sucks! Good thing I still have my stock one from the V2!

Thanks for the info!
Idk everyone else seems to be having good luck with theirs maybe I just got a bad one 🤷‍♂️

i can't find any in CANADA
This won't help you, but you can barely find any in Europe either. I live in Germany and found one in Switzerland. What I'm saying is that there is apparently a great shortage worldwide atm. I guess it's Corona's fault. Could also be, ARRMA is keeping a shortage so you need to buy their Spektrum servos. Why else did they switch from 25T to 23T for the V3, which was improved greatly in so many other places?

If you get an alternative, then be sure you're able to fit it in the confined space between the top of the servo and the floor of the truck. I don't have nuts and screws in the necessary sizes (narrowness) available, because I haven't stocked up my workshop yet. So I searched a little more for the 25T saver and was lucky.

This won't help you, but you can barely find any in Europe either. I live in Germany and found one in Switzerland. What I'm saying is that there is apparently a great shortage worldwide atm. I guess it's Corona's fault. Could also be, ARRMA is keeping a shortage so you need to buy their Spektrum servos. Why else did they switch from 25T to 23T for the V3, which was improved greatly in so many other places?

If you get an alternative, then be sure you're able to fit it in the confined space between the top of the servo and the floor of the truck. I don't have nuts and screws in the necessary sizes (narrowness) available, because I haven't stocked up my workshop yet. So I searched a little more for the 25T saver and was lucky.
Horizon owns Arrma. Horizon also owns Spektrum. Horizon only wants to use their electronics in their rc cars. Spektrum only offers 23T servos.

Last edited:
The Spektrum in my Granite V3 has 23T. Its black servo saver has "23T" moulded into it. The red one of the V1 and V2 has "25T" moulded into it. Never heard of 24T.
Sorry I meant 23t not 24t my bad.

To sum it up here , the OP needs this:

DIRECT MOUNT SERVO SAVER (25T SPLINE) (AR340151) | ARRMA - Designed Fast, Designed Tough (arrma-rc.com)

>>> Been on B/O forever. Horizon knows what they are doing to keep selling their 23 spl. Spektrum garbage servos. Just work around it. 🤷‍♂️

Just get a 25 spline Kimbrough SS. Get the HD version.. There are many other options out there also for 25 spl. SS's. 25 is the most common spline out there. Like 99% of servos are 25's. This is not any big issue at all 🤷‍♂️ Just be done with it already. This is getting rather old fast..:LOL:

Didn't want to be a smartalic but many readers could be missled to search themselves to death trying to find one in 24T if they didn't read several posts about this topic. :)
Nah all good I just had a brain fart.

You can make the Traxxas 3744 Servo saver fit. Just need another screw, washer and lock nut that holds the steering link. Might need to add some spacers or washers to get more room between the chassis and the servo too.
I have done that on my Kraton 4S and it works much better than the stock servosaver and should work on the 3S models too.

I have a granite version 1, the steering servo just suddenly will only go right and will not return centre or go left.

So after reading this post I am even more confused.....is it a 23T servo I need?

or a 25t servo with a new 25t servo saver.

I am on a budget and this has crippled me, some correct information would really be appreciated.

I am in the UK, can I get the stuff I need from Amazon.....asap?

Thank you in advance, I feel like my heads going to explode the more I read.

Same here. That one and the hot racing servo saver started becoming pretty weak after 15-20 runs or so.

I have a granite version 1, the steering servo just suddenly will only go right and will not return centre or go left.

So after reading this post I am even more confused.....is it a 23T servo I need?

or a 25t servo with a new 25t servo saver.

I am on a budget and this has crippled me, some correct information would really be appreciated.

I am in the UK, can I get the stuff I need from Amazon.....asap?

Thank you in advance, I feel like my heads going to explode the more I read.

If you have a V1 Senton with the red colored servo saver you just need a new servo. I have like 7 or 8 of these things some are 4 years old and still kicking https://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-To...qid=1674520585&sprefix=ds3225m,aps,182&sr=8-9

In case you need a new servo saver this is the one you would need. ARA340151 I can't find it on Amazon in the UK.

Back