Granite Need help finding a spring perch-HSP shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
So the spring perch just busted in two pieces on the rear of my HSP shocks.

These are the eBay shocks that everyone buys for their 1/10 scale Arrmas. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? None from my other unused shocks would fit. Thanks.

Are these the -N version the non N? Guess it does not matter. Since we took a chance by sourcing from China we may have limited / NO options other than re-buying. I would reach out to the eBay seller making sure to note your order # and ask him about buying 2 sets of replacements or so.

So I have been doing non-stop back flips etc off about a 2.5 ft tall ramp in my backyard since I installed the 81002/3N shocks and they seem to be holding up great so far. I love the look of the beefier N version on the truck.
What did you do to break yours?

And actually please keep me posted on what you hear back.

Are these the -N version the non N? Guess it does not matter. Since we took a chance by sourcing from China we may have limited / NO options other than re-buying. I would reach out to the eBay seller making sure to note your order # and ask him about buying 2 sets of replacements or so.

So I have been doing non-stop back flips etc off about a 2.5 ft tall ramp in my backyard since I installed the 81002/3N shocks and they seem to be holding up great so far. I love the look of the beefier N version on the truck.
What did you do to break yours?

And actually please keep me posted on what you hear back.

I was just running in my usual backyard bash spot and the rear driveshaft snapped at the U-joint. I think when it broke it may have contacted the spring perch and broke it. That's really the only thing I can think of.

I'll see what the seller has to say. Thanks.

I contacted the seller and he said he would send me a replacement. Non-trackinh shipping would be free and take 30-45 days. Shipping with tracking is $3 and will take the usual time it takes from China. I sent the $3.

In the meantime I am going to run the stock rear shocks from my Rock Rey. They are actually much closer in length to the stock BLX shocks. I have no idea what weight fluid is inside but they feel nice.

From L to R: stock, Rock Rey Rear, HSP rear (non-N)
20190212_122816.jpg

As long as the springs)fluid combo are good, they are almost a direct replacement. They are plastic bodies though.

20190212_130648.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back