Need Help...having trouble with a HR Servo Mount and servo saver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2morrow Muggins

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Hey guys...I made the mistake while upgrading my front bumper on my Kraton 4S BLX of not putting back the 2 screws that hold the gearbox in place. After a small bump the whole front end was hanging off as if it had a broken neck lol...After watching 3287514375610357 videos i got the courage to just take it all apart and realized that my chassis just flat out broke/snapped. So I ordered a new chassis so i can transfer everything over. I cleaned out the gears took all of the broken plastic pieces out of the gears...lubed it all up again with losi black grease. I decided to upgrade my Servo...Servo Saver...and Servo Mount...all from HotRacing. I noticed that the stock receiver box is also the servo mount all one piece. Plus the the screws don't line up...1-is there a piece that I'm missing to install the servo mount?...2- do i need a different receiver box...3- do i use the metal servo horn that came with the servo saver or the metal one that come with the new Servo? 4- servo saver comes with 3 little black inserts are they all the same size? which one do i use?

Parts in question:
1- ATF48SH02 Fixed Link Steering Servo saver Arrma 1/10 4WD 3s 4s
2-
Hot Racing AON24M02 Aluminum Steering Servo Mount Arrma Kraton
3- ZOSKAY Waterproof High Torque Metal Gear Standard Digital Servo 25KG/0.13S 6.8V for 1/8 1/10 RC Cars (Control Angle 270)
2020-02-21 09.00.01.jpg
2020-02-21 09.00.31.jpg
20200221_090031.jpg

Attachments

• HR Servo Mount.png
    HR Servo Mount.png
    344.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot 2020-02-21 08.52.48.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-21 08.52.48.png
    233.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Servo 25K.png
    Servo 25K.png
    583.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 2020-02-21 08.58.27.jpg
    2020-02-21 08.58.27.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 43
The HR servo mount is meant for the 6S BLX trucks and not the 3S/4S trucks. Return it unless you plan on getting a 6S in the future.
ty so much...I was afraid of that...I was hoping there was an upgraded separated receiver box so the aftermarket mount can be installed. NOTED! TY!

ty so much...I was afraid of that...I was hoping there was an upgraded separated receiver box so the aftermarket mount can be installed. NOTED! TY!
I really like the design of the receiver box/servo tray. It makes the truck easy to work on. They used the same concept on the Kraton 8S and I thinks it's the best feature ???

I really like the design of the receiver box/servo tray. It makes the truck easy to work on. They used the same concept on the Kraton 8S and I thinks it's the best feature ???
I can see how you would be a fan of the current set-up...it makes sense...I just got upgrade happy and wanted all new upgraded aluminum shinny parts :p I'm still confused about the servo saver...it brings the little round metal horn...but i noticed the that new servo brings a metal horn as well...which one do i use? is there a youtube video or installation diagram that i haven't found yet showing how to?

I can see how you would be a fan of the current set-up...it makes sense...I just got upgrade happy and wanted all new upgraded aluminum shinny parts :p I'm still confused about the servo saver...it brings the little round metal horn...but i noticed the that new servo brings a metal horn as well...which one do i use? is there a youtube video or installation diagram that i haven't found yet showing how to?
The servo saver replaces the horn.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back