Need help here, is there any way to beef up the drive axels on the 3s, i keep twisting the u joint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don mercier

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s

Second run on brand new shaft

What about getting 6s axles and customizing them too fit
I’ve got the HR axles coming soon. I will let you know what I think. The one of mine that broke today was due to new shocks pushing the rear arm too far and the outer joint was rubbing on the end of the arm.

That's a tall order but I think @Megasty did something like that.
Too much work. I did that when I had a month of downtime to work with. I'd pay for that now - don't tell the boss :LOL: Arrma has the upgrade parts for the 3s & 4s. Even if the huge metal diffs will cause motor temp issues they should have no problems with the driveshaft upgrades, unless they're finding issues with them as well. I don't mind any issues. What I can stand is not having the option to buy them & figure all that junk out firsthand.
Absolutely. Money back guarantee
Return them as soon as you get them & save yourself a headache. I also use Amazon for that reason.

I bought integy aluminum driveshafts for my old slash a few years ago.

They were garbage.

Return them as soon as you get them & save yourself a headache. I also use Amazon for that reason.
Ok so I don’t doubt you or BB, I trust both of yours advice. Would you guys mind letting me in on why I should return them? I’m the type that likes the why more than the what. I am just looking to strengthen my driveline. And I like to tinker with stuff. Soon enough I will max out this 3S rig and move on to a 6S, but for now I’m having fun. ??

Ok so I don’t doubt you or BB, I trust both of yours advice. Would you guys mind letting me in on why I should return them? I’m the type that likes the why more than the what. I am just looking to strengthen my driveline. And I like to tinker with stuff. Soon enough I will max out this 3S rig and move on to a 6S, but for now I’m having fun. ??
HR simply doesn't know how to use the right materials in their shafts or use existing durable designs. Instead of using a typical male in female shaft design, they use collars to retain the telescopic parts. This adds another point of failure if the coupler doesn't fail first because it's made from improperly harden steel. If steel isn't harden properly, it will become more prone to breaking under shock impacts. Pretty much what happened in @bicketybam 's case. I used them on my Yeti XL, Nero, & Slash. They all failed in one way or another. The worst being the Yeti XL which the coupler part of the shaft broke into 5 pieces :eek:

HR simply doesn't know how to use the right materials in their shafts or use existing durable designs. Instead of using a typical male in female shaft design, they use collars to retain the telescopic parts. This adds another point of failure if the coupler doesn't fail first because it's made from improperly harden steel. If steel isn't harden properly, it will become more prone to breaking under shock impacts. Pretty much what happened in @bicketybam 's case. I used them on my Yeti XL, Nero, & Slash. They all failed in one way or another. The worst being the Yeti XL which the coupler part of the shaft broke into 5 pieces :eek:
Awesome advice. I guess I will just grab some stock replacements from JRC instead. I have a donor Granite that I pull from when needed, but my plan is to put it back together some day, so I try to buy replacements for what I pilfer from it’s corpse.

Adjust ur slipper clutch
Yeah that’s my plan when my metal spur and slipper pads come. I also bought the Arrma slipper maintenance kit at the LHS. I snapped one of the springs trying to get it real tight.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back