Need help here, is there any way to beef up the drive axels on the 3s, i keep twisting the u joint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too much work. I did that when I had a month of downtime to work with. I'd pay for that now - don't tell the boss :LOL: Arrma has the upgrade parts for the 3s & 4s. Even if the huge metal diffs will cause motor temp issues they should have no problems with the driveshaft upgrades, unless they're finding issues with them as well. I don't mind any issues. What I can stand is not having the option to buy them & figure all that junk out firsthand.

Return them as soon as you get them & save yourself a headache. I also use Amazon for that reason.
I don't care about motor temp, what's the point of having 4s, if you can't run it without breaking an axle every
Ok so I don’t doubt you or BB, I trust both of yours advice. Would you guys mind letting me in on why I should return them? I’m the type that likes the why more than the what. I am just looking to strengthen my driveline. And I like to tinker with stuff. Soon enough I will max out this 3S rig and move on to a 6S, but for now I’m having fun. ??
There's gotta be a way to put 6s axle on a 4s kraton

I don't care about motor temp, what's the point of having 4s, if you can't run it without breaking an axle every

Have you ever even seen the driveline of a 6s truck? They use dogbones and CVD's. Good luck.

When I say it was too much work, I literally mean it. Heck, it's mostly a 6s truck stuffed in the plastic chassis:

I'm just glad it ended up being a running truck. I did end up breaking all the arms in a single accident pretty fast (on 4s) & replaced them with RPMs.

I can’t imagine putting 6S in my Typhon 3S. My poop is too fast on 4S. I can’t even get it up to its full speed. It looses control or flips before I can get it up to 60mph.

Have you ever even seen the driveline of a 6s truck? They use dogbones and CVD's. Good luck.
Yes and there is all different length dog bones just need to fine one the right length, if I had a hand full of pars in front of me to play with I'd def find a way
Yes and there is all different length dog bones just need to fine one the right length, if I had a hand full of pars in front of me to play with I'd def find a way

I think the challenge would be finding diff cups that fit in the bearing on the hub

When I say it was too much work, I literally mean it. Heck, it's mostly a 6s truck stuffed in the plastic chassis:

I'm just glad it ended up being a running truck. I did end up breaking all the arms in a single accident pretty fast (on 4s) & replaced them with RPMs.
What I wanna know, is will the diff cups fit on the stock outdrives on the diff
I can’t imagine putting 6S in my Typhon 3S. My poop is too fast on 4S. I can’t even get it up to its full speed. It looses control or flips before I can get it up to 60mph.
Same here

What I wanna know, is will the diff cups fit on the stock outdrives on the diff

Same here
They do not. Completely different design. Pull up a schematic of the 6s diffs and you will see.

Just adding to the Hot Racing discussion not trying to derail the thread, but every single one of their axles that I have looked at they always break or fall apart no matter what platform they are for.

Might have to hope that MIP makes some that don't cost $160+ like the 6s ones.

Stupid question but are the 4s models axles different from the 3s axles? Has anyone tried to fit them to the 3s models?

Last edited:
What are you guys doing to your trucks? I thought I was abusing my BRCC but clearly I need to try harder :ROFLMAO:

I ran 4s in my Granite and didn't break any more driveshafts than I did with 3s. I just didn't care for all the extra weight and honestly it made the truck perform worse.

All depends on the setup, I just love the extra pwr

The extra power comes from the torque of the larger motor and I just couldn't use that power. I believe @Jerry-rigged had the same issue. As far as top speed the Senton and the Granite are really limited due to size and the shape of the body. You can gear a 3s truck to run as fast as a 4s Granite/Senton. Anywho, run what you like ???

Yeah, my Granite can't hit WOT on 3s with a 3660 3800kv (too much ballooning) and with a BLX185 motor on 4s, it could not wheelie (too much power).

Really, the truck is more fun on 3s with the 3660 vs 4s with the BLX185. Not to mention, the BLX ate the diffs. (but that was the older Mega diffs)

The extra power comes from the torque of the larger motor and I just couldn't use that power. I believe @Jerry-rigged had the same issue. As far as top speed the Senton and the Granite are really limited due to size and the shape of the body. You can gear a 3s truck to run as fast as a 4s Granite/Senton. Anywho, run what you like ???
This is the reason I had to stretch my Granite into a Typhon. I needed the extra wheelbase to keep the nose down. It still wheelies at 45mph but I couldn’t even get the Granite up to 45 on 3S. It would get loose before max speed no matter what I tried.

Hey @bicketybam did you see @Rich Duperbash has a new YT video where he shows off his Traxxas tool to fix the 3S/4S u-joints?

I've got mine going so fast it parashoots in the air at about 70mph. There just not ment to go that fast. So I bought a kraton roller the other day

I've got mine going so fast it parashoots in the air at about 70mph. There just not ment to go that fast. So I bought a kraton roller the other day
I parachuted my Senton into a tree running 3s. And I was nowhere near 70.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back