Typhon Need help hot motor and sounds so loud

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danw1986

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I recently brought my Arrma typhon 6s. I no nuffin about the hobby and broke down more than it is running. The motor is getting to hot to touch after 40 mins with 2 3s battery’s. Plus the centre diff. And it sounds so loud is this normal My wheels are also off centre shacking it to bits. Any help and advise would be much appreciate.

I recently brought my Arrma typhon 6s. I no nuffin about the hobby and broke down more than it is running. The motor is getting to hot to touch after 40 mins with 2 3s battery’s. Plus the centre diff. And it sounds so loud is this normal My wheels are also off centre shacking it to bits. Any help and advise would be much appreciate.
40min is a very long run time. U can add fans or gear down. U probably have to add fluid to ur diffs if the they are low they will get hot and end up melting. I wheels maybe off balance or have dirt in them or the foams got wet. But u can adjust your toe and Camber to straighten them out. Best luck bud it only gets better. Once u get use to the rig and wrenching it'll all come second hand

40min is a very long run time. U can add fans or gear down. U probably have to add fluid to ur diffs if the they are low they will get hot and end up melting. I wheels maybe off balance or have dirt in them or the foams got wet. But u can adjust your toe and Camber to straighten them out. Best luck bud it only gets better. Once u get use to the rig and wrenching it'll all come second hand
Thanks that’s a big help. I’ve already melted 2 centre diffs do they come with oil in new? I haven’t messed with the gearing so that’s all standard. I’ve had it 4 weeks from new and only been out 4 times as I’m always waiting for parts are they normally so loud?

Thanks that’s a big help. I’ve already melted 2 centre diffs do they come with oil in new? I haven’t messed with the gearing so that’s all standard. I’ve had it 4 weeks from new and only been out 4 times as I’m always waiting for parts are they normally so loud?
Yea no problem man. And they should come with fluid. But they are always very very low from factory. And it shouldn't be loud loud but should have some noise to it. Is it gear mesh too tight? You should only have little room when u rock the center diff and pinion together it should just be a little click click. Sorry hope that helps. If u can post video of the rid and it running might help use a little more

You really need a temp gun/gauge and to balance your tires. Try to keep the motor under 185 degrees meaning 185 would be the max you would ever want to get it.

With any RTR if you plug in what they say it can handle, they ALL always have temperature issues. Getting these fancy fans installed on the outside of the motor can will cool the outside of the motor can and help run down your batteries quicker. That will also give you a fake temp reading because internally its probably screaming hot.

Gearing, smooth drive trains and proper balanced tires (larger heavier tires will increase temps too) help with your temps.

Yea no problem man. And they should come with fluid. But they are always very very low from factory. And it shouldn't be loud loud but should have some noise to it. Is it gear mesh too tight? You should only have little room when u rock the center diff and pinion together it should just be a little click click. Sorry hope that helps. If u can post video of the rid and it running might help use a little more
Ths
You really need a temp gun/gauge and to balance your tires. Try to keep the motor under 185 degrees meaning 185 would be the max you would ever want to get it.

With any RTR if you plug in what they say it can handle, they ALL always have temperature issues. Getting these fancy fans installed on the outside of the motor can will cool the outside of the motor can and help run down your batteries quicker. That will also give you a fake temp reading because internally its probably screaming hot.

Gearing, smooth drive trains and proper balanced tires (larger heavier tires will increase temps too) help with your temps.
Thanks I’ll get a temp gun and see what it comes in at. It was to hot to touch I not that.
I looked there was hardly anything in there. It’s all topped up now. I tried up loading a video I done earlier but it only allows photos I think. Thanks again I should of joined this group ages ago.

Ths

Thanks I’ll get a temp gun and see what it comes in at. It was to hot to touch I not that.

I looked there was hardly anything in there. It’s all topped up now. I tried up loading a video I done earlier but it only allows photos I think. Thanks again I should of joined this group ages ago.
Good deal. And u got upload them to YouTube them u can share on here. And yes this group of people have all the answers

Ths

I looked there was hardly anything in there. It’s all topped up now. I tried up loading a video I done earlier but it only allows photos I think. Thanks again I should of joined this group ages
Thank again really appreciate the help. This is a short video I done a couple of
Nights ago. So you can hear the sound of it and see how wobbly my tires are

Thank again really appreciate the help. This is a short video I done a couple of
Nights ago. So you can hear the sound of it and see how wobbly my tires are
I thinking some bearing might be locked up. Or motor bearing. Idk maybe take the wheels off and give it some gas see how it sounds

And u ever check ur mess?

Last edited:
I thinking some bearing might be locked up. Or motor bearing. Idk maybe take the wheels off and give it some gas see how it sounds

And u ever check ur mess?
What’s the mess?? I’m working at the min I’ll take the wheels off later and show you another video. We will get to the bottom of this??

What’s the mess?? I’m working at the min I’ll take the wheels off later and show you another video. We will get to the bottom of this??
Bummer on a Sunday🤦🏼‍♂️. But ur gear mess. Mane one is the motor pinion and ur center diff spear gear. I'll try and post a video of it in a bit for the new guys. Seems alot of the new guys have questions on that. But u should rock ur center diff and just hear a little click click. Kind of hard to explain it. But yea we'll get it figured out 👊

Bummer on a Sunday🤦🏼‍♂️. But ur gear mess. Mane one is the motor pinion and ur center diff spear gear. I'll try and post a video of it in a bit for the new guys. Seems alot of the new guys have questions on that. But u should rock ur center diff and just hear a little click click. Kind of hard to explain it. But yea we'll get it figured out 👊
Haha yea I could be at home taking my RC to bits. Be done in a hour I’ll take some more photos and videos of it. See if we can work it out. Thanks.

My personal temp cut-off is 140 degrees fahrenheit. I like to play it safe.

That sure sounds like a seized bearing to me. Like its working wayyyy too hard to just turn the drivetrain then stops immediately when he lets off the throttle. I would start by taking the motor loose, then hubs loose one by one and checking bearings, then work into the diff bearings.

Rite I’ve took the wheels off and ran it. Gonna up load the videos now. Just gotta say when I first got this 5 weeks ago. After 1 hour the centre diff had melted they sent me a mew one for free. I fitted it then that one cracked and let out all the oil. I’m now on my third diff. This car hasn’t been rite from day 1.
Straight after making that video the pinion was to hot to touch
fiddlestick knows what going on with this buggy hope you can help. Thanks

Last edited:
Rite I’ve took the wheels off and ran it. Gonna up load the videos now. Just gotta say when I first got this 5 weeks ago. After 1 hour the centre diff had melted they sent me a mew one for free. I fitted it then that one cracked and let out all the oil. I’m now on my third diff. This car hasn’t been rite from day 1.
Straight after making that video the pinion was to hot to touch
fiddlestick knows what going on with this buggy hope you can help. Thanks
I would take off the motor inspect that check the bearings. Leave motor off and put wheels back on and roll it see if anything is binding up. And then I check wheel bearing cuz it's easier and then diff bearing.

I would take off the motor inspect that check the bearings. Leave motor off and put wheels back on and roll it see if anything is binding up. And then I check wheel bearing cuz it's easier and then diff bearing.
Cool I’ll give it ago. Never done anything like this before so finding it proper hard. But I’ll get there thanks for your help.

I felt the same way when I got into the hobby. Changing diffs scared me. But it's really not bad. You got us here and YouTube. But it's the only way ur going learn. If you run into trouble don't be scared to ask for help.
Cool I’ll give it ago. Never done anything like this before so finding it proper hard. But I’ll get there thanks for your help.

Get a temp gun, then come back with actual temps in hand.
Too hot to "touch" is a lame attempt at measuring heat, and means nothing here.;)
Your actual temps are anyone's guess.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back