Typhon Need help hot motor and sounds so loud

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks that’s a big help. I’ve already melted 2 centre diffs do they come with oil in new? I haven’t messed with the gearing so that’s all standard. I’ve had it 4 weeks from new and only been out 4 times as I’m always waiting for parts are they normally so loud?
New diffs are usually underfilled and with thinner oil that is insufficient.
Always open ALL your diffs that are new.
They can melt. Usually it's the center 90% of the time. If still having diff issues, it is user wrenching error.
Fr/Rr meltdowns are rare if rebuilt and filled properly.
Thanks that’s a big help. I’ve already melted 2 centre diffs do they come with oil in new? I haven’t messed with the gearing so that’s all standard. I’ve had it 4 weeks from new and only been out 4 times as I’m always waiting for parts are they normally so loud?
Depends what loud is. This is new to you. Noise you hear is subjective. These rigs use metal on metal spurs and pinions. They whine and clatter to some extent, ( normal cogging etc) even with a proper mesh. You need to get to a LHS or get with someone local who is more familiar with these rigs. You are not sure, and just need some one on one pointers to set you straight and undertsand what normal and not normal operation should be.
Ths

Thanks I’ll get a temp gun and see what it comes in at. It was to hot to touch I not that.

I looked there was hardly anything in there. It’s all topped up now. I tried up loading a video I done earlier but it only allows photos I think. Thanks again I should of joined this group ages ago.
Yeah, many that research Arrma rigs as their first, or new to this, if they come here First, they avoid costly mistakes and get going with much less frustration and needless $breakage$. RTR's are not truly "Ready to Run" as you can see. You are not alone in this regard.

Last edited:
Get a temp gun, then come back with actual temps in hand.
Too hot to "touch" is a lame attempt at measuring heat, and means nothing here.;)
Your actual temps are anyone's guess.
My temp gun is on its way be here tomorrow
New diffs are usually underfilled and with thinner oil that is insufficient.
Always open ALL your diffs that are new.
They can melt. Usually it's the center 90% of the time. If still having diff issues, it is user wrenching error.
Fr/Rr meltdowns are rare if rebuilt and filled properly.

Depends what loud is. This is new to you. Noise you hear is subjective. These rigs use metal on metal spurs and pinions. They whine and clatter to some extent, ( normal cogging etc) even with a proper mesh. You need to get to a LHS or get with someone local who is more familiar with these rigs. You are not sure, and just need some one on one pointers to set you straight and undertsand what normal and not normal operation should be.

Yeah, many that research Arrma rigs as their first, or new to this, if they come here First, they avoid costly mistakes and get going with much less frustration and needless $breakage$. RTR's are not truly "Ready to Run" as you can see. You are not alone in this regard.
Thanks gonna check it all over the best I can for now. What’s wrenching error?

Last edited:

So I’ve got a new pinion fitted it and understand more about setting the gear mesh up now I think I may off been making it to tight Hence why the motor got hot. I’ve got my temp gun now so will be putting it back together and going out tomorrow finger 🤞 do you think this sounds ok?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back