Need help identifying a chassis.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That isnt always the case though. There were some well known vehicles that had very few (my Aarma Fury says Aarma on the front bumper and thats the only marking it has) to no markings, like my Racers Edge Pro2 and Team C TS2. The top three brands, Traxxas, AE and TLR marked their stuff, but there were a lot that didnt. Tamiya is another one that comes to mind that didnt mark their stuff.

A lot of the older stuff had philips screws. My first gen Aarma Fury has a mix of hex and philips, and every Tamiya i have has philips screws
I know for sure that TA and TLR never used Philips head hardware going back to the '90's. FWIW.
@slick2500 good find.:)
I found it. I knew i had seen that chassis before. Its a Helion Volition 10SC.

View attachment 174948View attachment 174949
Dude, you won the prize. Good work.:love:

That isnt always the case though. There were some well known vehicles that had very few (my Aarma Fury says Aarma on the front bumper and thats the only marking it has) to no markings, like my Racers Edge Pro2 and Team C TS2. The top three brands, Traxxas, AE and TLR marked their stuff, but there were a lot that didnt. Tamiya is another one that comes to mind that didnt mark their stuff.

A lot of the older stuff had philips screws. My first gen Aarma Fury has a mix of hex and philips, and every Tamiya i have has philips screws
My Team Associated RC10B2 from 1995 has all hex hardware except for the 3 lower bulkhead screws. The Arrma Fury was a budget model so of course it has phillips screws and Tamiya is just Tamiya.
I know for sure that TA and TLR never used Philips head hardware going back to the '90's. FWIW.
@slick2500 good find.:)

Dude, you won the prize. Good work.:love:
What did I find?
My tamiya has Phillips along with the hpi blitz..
My HPI Firestorm had all hex hardware, weird that the Blitz was phillips.

Yeah the B2 used Philips flat heads for the bulkheads because they are aluminum screws if I am correct, ( Factory Team Edition at least) and Hex heads wont cut it with alu., and will strip out easily. Even the Alu. Phillips strip out over time.
My older 10T's and GT's the same thing.

Yeah the B2 used Philips flat heads for the bulkheads because they are aluminum screws if I am correct, ( Factory Team Edition at least) and Hex heads wont cut it with alu., and will strip out easily. Even the Alu. Phillips strip out over time.
My older 10T's and GT's the same thing.
Nope they are stainless steel. I think they used flatheads because no one makes a hex in that size screw.

I could see an SAE screw being Philips, which was common with AE/TA early years. Metric flat hex screws exist in many sizes. I thought.:unsure:

I could see an SAE screw being Philips, which was common with AE/TA early years. Metric flat hex screws exist in many sizes. I thought.:unsure:
It's SAE. TA didn't go metric until the B/T4.2 iirc. I would have to look it up on rc10 talk it was either the .1 or .2 of the B/T4. Only screws on the car that aren't SAE are the motor screws.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back