Need help installing castle external bec BUT no extra slots on my receiver!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lbizzle

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
OK so I want to install an external BEC, but I have no extra slots available on my receiver. So I have a Spectrum rc sr215 2 channel receiver. I want to install a castle creation bec 2.0 waterproof. I run a castle mamba monster 2 with uses the only extra slot for the fan on the esc. so how do I wire it up correctly? Plus to make matters harder I would like to run a extra heat sink/fan for the motor with needs another slot on the receiver. So I need 4 extra slots on my receiver to run all this but I don’t. Need help pls a wiring diagram would be great!

I could be wrong but I thought you could use the bind port on the spektrum rx's as a bec input.

Might be easier overall to get a new rx though.

OK so I want to install an external BEC, but I have no extra slots available on my receiver. So I have a Spectrum rc sr215 2 channel receiver. I want to install a castle creation bec 2.0 waterproof. I run a castle mamba monster 2 with uses the only extra slot for the fan on the esc. so how do I wire it up correctly? Plus to make matters harder I would like to run a extra heat sink/fan for the motor with needs another slot on the receiver. So I need 4 extra slots on my receiver to run all this but I don’t. Need help pls a wiring diagram would be great!
There have been reports of the Castle BECs being fire starters. Might wanna check that out.

You need a pin to back the wires out of the connectors by lifting the tabs on the servo connectors and the connectors can be pulled out.

Remove the escs pos and neg connectors (leave the signal wire) and replace with the bec's pos and neg connectors. No extra rec port required.

092149.jpg

You need a pin to back the wires out of the connectors by lifting the tabs on the servo connectors and the connectors can be pulled out.

Remove the escs pos and neg connectors (leave the signal wire) and replace with the bec's pos and neg connectors. No extra rec port required.

View attachment 74950
Huh, I thought signal and ground were both needed. Is using only the signal wire true for all esc's? Just curious.

Huh, I thought signal and ground were both needed. Is using only the signal wire true for all esc's? Just curious.

Yep, I thought about that after I posted. In theory the ground should also be wired in a Y with the bec ground.. but you usually get away without it.

When building quads we would only do it if our escs had really poor power filtration (capacitance) which would make it prone to jitter and they wouldnt run smooth. Its virtually unheard of these days.. although I do accept that car escs might be a different ball game.

The MMv1 is pretty low, I think 3A. I had a rebadged mmv1 in my ERBEv2 for a bit and even with a low current steering servo, the fans would still drop in pitch when I turned. I don't think the MMv2 is that low as I never really noticed that when I was running the mxl-6s (rebadged mmv2) previously in the same truck. The mxl-6s died on me though after my 3rd 6S run. Lasted for 3 years before that running 4S. Not sure what happened.

Thanks for all the info! I wanted the eternal bec because according to the book that was provided with it,it's not adjustable. If someone know and has done it plz let me know. I haven’t bought the castle link yet cause I don’t have a computer. My fiancé is buy one soon so I’m going to invest in it then. I’m installing a savox 1210sg and want to run it at 7.4. I’m going to upgrade to a high channel receiver sounds like the easy way to solve this issue. I want to point out to that this bec has 2 separate plugs that have to plug in to the receiver. I don’t understand why? Could someone please explain to me why some bec have 1 plug vs other that have 2 plugs?
If you need a better receiver I have a 4 channel one that has avc. I thinks it’s a sr4220. I’d sell it if you want.
Thanks for that! How much do you want for it?
There have been reports of the Castle BECs being fire starters. Might wanna check that out.
I have read some stuff about that. I’ve haven‘t found and issue with this bec online. Only the 10 amp version from what I can tell, but I could be wrong lol

Last edited:
If your receiver can't handle 7.4V (or whatever you want to set the BEC to, it's what you'd use. You would wire the esc to the receiver like normal, then use one of these things to connect the BEC to the servo only while also sending the servo signal to the receiver.

If your receiver can handle 7.4V (or whatever), just using a splitter is easiest.

I like these, nice heavy wire without an inline solder joint:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/150mm-compact-servo-y-lead-futaba-22awg-5pcs-bag.html
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/150mm-compact-servo-y-lead-jr-22awg-5pcs-bag.html

I use one on my savage flux and erbev2 and I think my outcast and stampede as well for fans.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back