Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

need help keep blowing up tires on kraton

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by itsachevy, Dec 14, 2015.

Tags:
  1. itsachevy

itsachevy Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Talion, Typhon
    I have a arrma kraton running a tekin t8 2650 on stock esc. Im running a 23/46 gear. Ive blown up two sets of bandito truggy tire . 1 set of aka truggy tires and one set up bandito mt tires that had carpet tape and rubber glue.

2. mslstudio22

mslstudio22 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Talion
    try proline wheels and tires pre glued.. thats what the pros use.

3. itsachevy

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Talion, Typhon
    I've tried proline and the foam inserts keep breaking apart. I've drilled hole in the rims and in the tire and keep having the same problem. Have you tried the src tires that are belted.

4. TrevorK1981

TrevorK1981 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Senton
    I buy my proline tires not mounted then use gorilla duct tape. I turn them inside out tape them then glue them myself. Really holds my tires from ripping apart.

5. LunchBox

LunchBox Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    I seen this on YouTube does it help with the tires ballooning up any? Like does it lessen that any? I've been thinking about belted tires.

6. itsachevy

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Talion, Typhon
    For me taping up the tires only moved back when the tires started ballooning. It was still a problem for me getti g up to top speed. The tape also blew out at 3/4 throttle and cost me my stock body. The truck flipped over at speed. Next tires ima try tapping with gorrila glue and rubber glue. The belted tires are ok on stock motor and esc. I haven't done any speed runs on the belted tires yet. I bent my driverside cvd and waiting for new ones to come in to fully test them.

7. LunchBox

LunchBox Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    Ok.... well I'm waiting on an esc for my blx.... a motor and esc upgrade for my sons mega so now doing 2 full breakdowns and cleaning...... they will be new vehicles again so will get new tires for both may go belted on mine try the tape on my sons his will not go a fast as mine... tho he is 8 yrs old and can handle the granite blx full speed without a problem

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer