Senton Need help, my senton puts on the breaks after about 15 mins of running

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don mercier

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I ran a 2s in it for about 15mins and then it sounded like the breaks went on. When i got too it the fan was still on and steering still working. So i shut it off and waited 10sec and turned it on, it took off and did the same thing, is that thermo protect mode?

I ran a 2s in it for about 15mins and then it sounded like the breaks went on. When i got too it the fan was still on and steering still working. So i shut it off and waited 10sec and turned it on, it took off and did the same thing, is that thermo protect mode?
The 2s bat lasted 15mins, but my 3s only lasted 10,

Those should be fine. Hard to believe your run times are that short. You running in grass ? That really kills my run time.

Hi Don,
More than 221 degrees? (cf Arrma manual)
From our latest experiences on our "new" Mega BLX 3s mod, when my son do the 2s (7400 Mah) followed by 3s (5000 Mah) combination the motor becomes extremely hot... From this date, we did not have any red light blink, but will need motor fan for this summer track sessions.
PL

I was told not to go less than 30c with a 3s blx
My 2s is a gen ace, and the 3s is a venum
Hi Don,
More than 221 degrees? (cf Arrma manual)
From our latest experiences on our "new" Mega BLX 3s mod, when my son do the 2s (7400 Mah) followed by 3s (5000 Mah) combination the motor becomes extremely hot... From this date, we did not have any red light blink, but will need motor fan for this summer track sessions.
PL
Would it be better to get a higher c battery

What they are saying is you've hit LVC(low voltage cut off) or Thermal protection on the ESC
Charge your battery and let the truck cool then try again.. youll see it'll run normal untill the same again, LVC or THP

What are the packs voltage when it cuts out? What is the temp of the motor and/or esc when it cuts out? That's how you tell if it's thermal protection or LVC. Get a lipo alarm if you don't have one they are cheap just to see what the voltage of the pack and/or cells when it cuts out. Get a IR temp gun (if you don't already have one) and check the temp of the motor and esc when it cut's out.

What are the packs voltage when it cuts out? What is the temp of the motor and/or esc when it cuts out? That's how you tell if it's thermal protection or LVC. Get a lipo alarm if you don't have one they are cheap just to see what the voltage of the pack and/or cells when it cuts out. Get a IR temp gun (if you don't already have one) and check the temp of the motor and esc when it cut's out.
The motor was warm too the touch and esc but didnt seem all that hot its only 40° out. I did get my bat wet could that be the cause?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back