Talion need help on "c-ring"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ck.tan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
hi, i crashed my talion v3 yesterday, the damage was quite severe. front shock end snapped, front stabilizer rod end thread stripped, front shock shaft, front shock tower and top plate bent, and lost a couple of "c-ring" as attached. it acts like a washer except i know what they are for now. are they called "c-ring" and where can i purchase them online? thanks !

Attachments

• IMG20180930195216.jpg
    IMG20180930195216.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG20180930195444.jpg
    IMG20180930195444.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 38
They are included as Arrma Part# AR330218 (upper front a-arm)
Use the c spacers to replace the ones that were lost and save the upper arm for when you eventually yank the pillow ball out of one. It's a good spare to have on hand if you like to bash a lot

You can also get extra clips when you get them screw and hardware packs for jrc. Kinda handy to have one of those hanging around in case you lose a screw or clip

thanks Dusty. yeah i saw that too. i initially thought it was mostly screws in that pack and i usually replace lost screws with stainless-steel screw, hence it didn't appeal to me at first. AR330218 provided a good alternative, but i already have the upper-lower arm pack from jrc too ... so ... likely i may go with the pack you mentioned as it has more than just screws and c-spacers. thanks again guys !

JvG, i could be wrong, but my take is that there is a reason for the c-spacers to pop out during a "head-on" collision so that the twisting force on the rest of the linkage around the a-arm pin can be less. if it weren't for the c-spacer, i think perhaps the bent could have been worse. and more parts would have broken. i would use bearings if the a-arms snap easier on a "head-on" impact. but those a-arms are just so beefy ... how i wished the damage was just the a-arm.

i picked this up at a LHS. 10 out of 24 would fit and are with different thickness that would likely fit (haven't installed). the rest are M3.

oops, here we go ..

Attachments

• IMG20181002212201.jpg
    IMG20181002212201.jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 46
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back