Mojave Need help! Racing, upgrades, mods.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGPUR9E

Reaction score
So me and a few others decided to get into racing and we are building a dirt track this spring. Some with experience many years ago and some of us never raced these cars but anyway I just ordered the mojave 6s and was looking for upgrade options I want the must have upgrades and then I want to hear some of the not so needed but still good ideas
ara106058t1.jpg

1st 35mm powerhobby fan for esc,a must for 12$
2nd powerhobby twin turbo fan for motor
KEEPING ELECTRONICS COOL IS #1MUST DO IMO,PACKS,ESC,MOTOR ARE THE MOST EXPENSIVE PARTS,ALL 3 WORK TOGETHER.
3RD ID GET ALUMINUM CENTER DIFF CUP,MOJAVE ARE HARD ON CENTER DIFFS CAUSE THERE WEIGHT.SPECIAL IF U LIVE IN WARMER REGION.IM IN ST LOUIS AN MELTED CUPS CAUSE THEY RAN LOW ON FLUID OVERHEATED,OR DEBRIS GOT INTHERE AN WORE HOLE THROW CUP..ID ALSO CHECK ALL 3 DIFFS FOR FLUID LEVEL,BEEN EMPTY DIFFS MELTING RIGHT OUTA BOX RECENTLY IVE READ ON HERE.THOSE 3 WOULD BE DONE AS A MUST DO IF I GOT ANOTHER MOJAVE.WORKING ON MINE NOW

16127013346521892889360293748063.jpg

Heres a diff cup that a rock got up against an wore hole throu,here's a aluminum one that can take some abuse an wont meltdown

Attachments

• 16127017038465027504550307582558.jpg
    16127017038465027504550307582558.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Depending on how big you guys make the track , 6s might not be necessary and actually might be overkill . We built a quick layout in my backyard to race 3 Mojaves , ran only 4s and dropped the pinions down to 13t . Running them hard non stop will create heat . Remember about racing " slower is faster " , we race 2wd indoor carpet SCT , we are so close , one crash , you're done !!

Depending on how big you guys make the track , 6s might not be necessary and actually might be overkill . We built a quick layout in my backyard to race 3 Mojaves , ran only 4s and dropped the pinions down to 13t . Running them hard non stop will create heat . Remember about racing " slower is faster " , we race 2wd indoor carpet SCT , we are so close , one crash , you're done
The plan is to build a good size course but we don't want to go too big either and we are ganna make it with a bunch of curves, everyone is getting different cars and we didn't want it to be based purely of speed I got a picture we stole offline not saying it's ganna to be exactly like this course but maybe similar or steal some ideas from it anyway
Screenshot_20210204-180943_Chrome.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back