Need help resetting my charger!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennys

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
I was charging on of my batteries when out of the blue, the charger stopped and showed this message. I disconnected the battery and plugged it to the second side for charging and it charged the battery without discrepancies. However, every time the charger turns on it shows that message. When a battery is connected on that side, it says battery disconnected. This is stressing me out.

C06F41FE-E32C-4843-8369-96860EB5E03B.jpeg

I was charging on of my batteries when out of the blue, the charger stopped and showed this message. I disconnected the battery and plugged it to the second side for charging and it charged the battery without discrepancies. However, every time the charger turns on it shows that message. When a battery is connected on that side, it says battery disconnected. This is stressing me out.

View attachment 256701
I had the same thing happen. It's bc the balance leads aren't in all the way or the correct cells are not selected. Sometimes it won't auto recognize the cell count and you gotta manually enter it.

Make sure the balance plug is firmly seated and try again. (y)

Is the plug in the back pushed in an the way. I was getting messages like that once with the same charger it ended up being a problem with the balance extension and said battery disconnected
I'm just shooting from the hip here, but wouldn't it stand to reason that you should have the same error message on both channels if that were the case?

When I got the battery error message I switched from one side to the other and the error followed. But the input voltage error sounds like there's not enough power going into the charger. No?????

Last edited:
When I got the battery error message I switched from one side to the other the error followed. But the input voltage error sounds like there's not enough power going into the charger. No?????
That's what it sounds like, but I suspect that @jkflow is probably right and that one side is defective. I don't have a charger like this so I couldn't say. I'm just asking questions :)

Is the plug in the back pushed in a the way. I was getting messages like that once with the same charger it ended up being a problem with the balance extension and said battery disconnected
It is… I am able to charge on the second port! I truly don’t know what to do anymore and this things are not that cheap.

I think you can go into the settings on each channel and do a factory reset to restore the factory values. I can check tomorrow afternoon once I'm back from work.
Edit : yeah enter user settings. Then last option is factory reset.

Last edited:
Make sure you on doing the reset on channel 1 because the 2 channels work independent.
When you get the error message, first try a different battery. If that works then the balance lead on your battery is no good. If the second battery gets the same error, try the other balance board that comes with the set.
Make sure the battery leads and balance plug are both plugged in.

View attachment 256701
The internal power supply went south. No resetting that.
Use an applicable external PSU as one alterntive if it has a DC IN port.
Or just buy a new Charger.
Is it still under any warranty?
Others above are thinking it's the lipo. IDK about that. I could be wrong however. Does this happen with any known "Good" lipo????
Let us know how it works out.

The internal power supply went south. No resetting that.
Use an applicable external PSU as one alterntive if it has a DC IN port.
Or just buy a new Charger.
Is it still under any warranty?
Others above are thinking it's the lipo. IDK about that. I could be wrong however. Does this happen with any known "Good" lipo????
Let us know how it works out.
I don't think it's the lipo. What would the lipo have to do with input voltage? But, if one were so inclined, try a battery that works on one channel on the other channel. If it doesn't work, it's the channel and not the battery.

One Channel can fail from my experience. Happened with one of my 2 HM D6 Duao pro's. It was tired. I used the crap out of it. It was channel one , which I used most of the time. Internal PSU was ok because channel 2 did work. And Even with my external PSU, only channel 2 would work. I opened it up. Nothing serviceable that I could see. Chargers just crap out. Poor massed produced China stuff. Is what it is.
Muti-channel chargers are just basically separate chargers in one package, all powered by a single internal PSU. One channel can fail.

Nothing lasts forever. If you are outside warranty period, you are always on borrowed time.

A decent charter can be had for ~150 ish. Cost of the hobby. No reset or other trick will help. You can open it up and look for obvious items, else you have to move on with life ;)

IMG_20221117_142520~2.jpg

Go to user settings on channel 1 and hit enter scroll right to go through options.
IMG_20221117_142545~2.jpg

Check your cut off voltage. (You can try adjusting lower if the factory reset doesn't work)
And your ac power adjustment.
IMG_20221117_142611~2.jpg

Last option is where you saw factory restore. Give that a try again if everything else looks fine.
I don't think it's the lipo. What would the lipo have to do with input voltage? But, if one were so inclined, try a battery that works on one channel on the other channel. If it doesn't work, it's the channel and not the battery.
Good question.
I'm Just shooting at the dark. I know I've had the same error with that charger before and also had an error when there was a problem with my balance board but can't remember which problem caused the voltage error.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back