Need help to identify Battery type.?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jammer339

Reaction score
This is a non Arrma related question, so I'm sorry if it's the wrong place.
These batteries came with the Vatos Q901 I bought for my daughter as a Christmas present. It came with a usb charger that plugs into the balance lead and charges at an output of 3a. Something I am concerned about.
However I have a proper charger on it's way along with some batteries for my Granite.
I'm confused as to weather this is a Lipo battery or just lithium ion. On the front it says "Li-ion PO" but on the back it says material is "Lithium Ion" .
I don't want to plug these on my new charger and charge them in the wrong mode.
Also are is the usb charger that came with it safe?
Many thanks in advance.

20230114_122505.jpg

20230114_122514.jpg

I believe that is a 2 cell lipo. It has a balance port.
I know that .. that isn't my concern. I'm more concerned about knowing the chemistry within the battery. As on both the front and back of battery is misleading. I don't want to set a charge for a Lipo battery if it is a lithium ion .

I know that .. that isn't my concern. I'm more concerned about knowing the chemistry within the battery. As on both the front and back of battery is misleading. I don't want to set a charge for a Lipo battery if it is a lithium ion .
I have a lot of those little batteries and chargers for my kids cars. Lithium ion charges a bit higher than lithium polymer. So if you hook that little battery up to the charger it came with, it should charge it to around 425-430/cell. If you hook it up to your regular charger under Lipo on mode, it’ll only charge it up to 415-420/cell. Main thing is you never want to hook up a Lipo battery to that little charger as it will overcharge it.

I'd say it's a LiPo, like #ARRMArcfanboy4life said. Being Li-Ion would seem extremely unlikely.

What voltage does the included USB charger bring them to? I'll put $0.25 (only payable in-person) on 4.2V. Worst-case, match the USB voltage.

I'd say it's a LiPo, like #ARRMArcfanboy4life said. Being Li-Ion would seem extremely unlikely.

What voltage does the included USB charger bring them to? I'll put $0.25 (only payable in-person) on 4.2V. Worst-case, match the USB voltage.
I have no way of testing the voltage at present . I have a couple of those little alarms on order.
I believe that is a 2 cell lipo. It has a balance port.
I mis read your comment and thought It had just said it was a 2 cell. Didn't see you had specified that it was a lipo. My bad.

Nice. I think a LiPo checker is practically a must-have accessory for the hobby. And I'm starting experimenting with an onboard LiPo alarm. But if you don't have a cheap ($10-15) multimeter available, that might also be useful to have around. For RC, and general household stuff.

Nice. I think a LiPo checker is practically a must-have accessory for the hobby. And I'm starting experimenting with an onboard LiPo alarm. But if you don't have a cheap ($10-15) multimeter available, that might also be useful to have around. For RC, and general household stuff.
My multimeter disappeared when we moved house lol. I should replace it, the other one will be sure to show up then.
I have a lot of those little batteries and chargers for my kids cars. Lithium ion charges a bit higher than lithium polymer. So if you hook that little battery up to the charger it came with, it should charge it to around 425-430/cell. If you hook it up to your regular charger under Lipo on mode, it’ll only charge it up to 415-420/cell. Main thing is you never want to hook up a Lipo battery to that little charger as it will overcharge it.
Would you recommend just using the usb charger it came with then ?

My multimeter disappeared when we moved house lol. I should replace it, the other one will be sure to show up then.

Would you recommend just using the usb charger it came with then ?
That’s what I do with all the little lithium ion batteries. My kid has several small RC’s to play with other kids at the park most days, so I always have a handful charged and ready to go. You can charge them on your regular charger on the regular Lipo setting and all it does is under charge them a bit.

That’s what I do with all the little lithium ion batteries. My kid has several small RC’s to play with other kids at the park most days, so I always have a handful charged and ready to go. You can charge them on your regular charger on the regular Lipo setting and all it does is under charge them a bit.
OK thank you for the information . I guess it's better to under volt rather than over volt and cause a fire.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back