Kraton Need help wanna drag race a kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run a tp power 4070cm 2200kv, hobbywing max5 esc, killmode 13,200uf cap pack, Robinson racing 20t hardened pinion.

I don’t need the data logging so i used the hobbywing max5 instead of castle xlx esc.

Check out this thread for useful cap pack info:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/cap-pack.5613/

I run the yeah racing twin fan.

I am curious. The Max5 has a maximum cont current rating of 200A while the TP has a cont current draw of up to 264A. If the motor draws more current than what the Esc can supply, wouldnt that result in ESC failure? Just wondering how you guys keep the ESC alive

I am curious. The Max5 has a maximum cont current rating of 200A while the TP has a cont current draw of up to 264A. If the motor draws more current than what the Esc can supply, wouldnt that result in ESC failure? Just wondering how you guys keep the ESC alive
I would like to know this as well.

Motor maximum is Up-to 264A. You may see that if overgeared, overweight, over voltage. I do get a thermal on the max 5 esc at the end of a full out park-lot speed run of 20min solid in 80-100F summer heat.

Max5 = 200A/1300A (cont/peak)

Xlx = 264A I believe - it is adjustable. I have not run one and data logged to see though (cont/peak). I am sure someone knows.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back