Kraton Need help with antenna and range - resolved

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess the point was that he needed help with antenna and range, then he got on youtube and found what he was looking for, then came back here and edited his thread with "!found!".. And now we wont see him again until he has another question!!?šŸ¤£
Also where tf u been for weeks, months.. cooped away in a cabin hibernating?? šŸ¤£

No, I'm sorry. I don't have push notifications turned on. Ok so like it said I'm a complete noob at doing this. When I looked into my other blx it looked like there was a lot of extra antenna cable in that receiver box. To me it looked like the wire just came out of the box had a grub screw holding it down on the outside of the receiver box. I sadly didn't know that the antenna wire was ran up into the black antenna housing next to that grub screw. I had never taken the battery tray out before and seen that that's how it's ran. My bad about starting the post and then editing it to found. I guess I should have deleted it.
Now tell the story. What was the issue
Only issue was me not knowing what I'm doing.
Curious about something. What stops the pinion gear from sliding besides that retaining clip, just red loctite?

No, I'm sorry. I don't have push notifications turned on. Ok so like it said I'm a complete noob at doing this. When I looked into my other blx it looked like there was a lot of extra antenna cable in that receiver box. To me it looked like the wire just came out of the box had a grub screw holding it down on the outside of the receiver box. I sadly didn't know that the antenna wire was ran up into the black antenna housing next to that grub screw. I had never taken the battery tray out before and seen that that's how it's ran. My bad about starting the post and then editing it to found. I guess I should have deleted it.

Only issue was me not knowing what I'm doing.
Curious about something. What stops the pinion gear from sliding besides that retaining clip, just red loctite?
Should be a set screw. The retaining clip is just in case the set screw gets loose, so the pinion doesn't fly away.

Lol, no I meant besides that grub screw.
During my test today I found out I don't need that retaining clip because the pinion hits the ESC and can't come out. I put some blue loctite on and tried to run it like 20 minutes later. Bad idea šŸ¤·

Grub/set screws can be obtained (mcmaster.com) with serrated tips to prevent back-out. I don't put RED loctite on anything unless it can be easily heated for removal. Blue (or better yet blue GEL) is plenty good for holding things together between disassemblies. If in doubt, re-torque after one run. Keep in mind who your mechanic is, and decide whether he's gonna be happy you used red thread locker...

Blue gel? I'll look into that. I plan on being the only mechanic to work on these. I've taken them apart and put them back together so many times. Lots of learning you can't tighten this first because you have to do this before that ECT. Thank you guys for your input. You're quick to respond which is awesome.

Blue gel? I'll look into that. I plan on being the only mechanic to work on these. I've taken them apart and put them back together so many times. Lots of learning you can't tighten this first because you have to do this before that ECT. Thank you guys for your input. You're quick to respond which is awesome.
Looks like ur gonna be making some bukuu money bro, love the enthusiasm!!šŸ˜

This wonderful stuff: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0053ZNMDE

Grub/set screws can be obtained (mcmaster.com) with serrated tips to prevent back-out. I don't put RED loctite on anything unless it can be easily heated for removal. Blue (or better yet blue GEL) is plenty good for holding things together between disassemblies. If in doubt, re-torque after one run. Keep in mind who your mechanic is, and decide whether he's gonna be happy you used red thread locker...
Wow, that site has a very extensive selection of hardware. those anti-vibration threaded screws look like they would be nice for bashing.

I keep one of those in my pit bag to use when out bashing.

I use gel when at home:
https://www.amazon.com/Permatex-24010-Strength-Threadlocker-Applicator/dp/B000HBM564

I use orange when blue isn't enough, but heat is hard to apply without damaging something near by:
https://www.amazon.com/Permatex-25210-Strength-Removable-ThreadLocker/dp/B07R6B87S5
Thank you for the tips. Thinking about picking up a PPS motor mount. What is the difference between blue loctite, blue gel and the blue stick from the post above that mentioned it? The orange works better than the blue and heat is not necessary for removal?

For me, the standard blue watery stuff just gets everywhere, so I quit using it. The gel is a larger tube than the stick, but both work equally well. I just have the stick since it's small for my pit bag. The gel and stick seem to work better than the liquid, especially on things with larger threads like wheel nuts.

For me, the standard blue watery stuff just gets everywhere, so I quit using it. The gel is a larger tube than the stick, but both work equally well. I just have the stick since it's small for my pit bag. The gel and stick seem to work better than the liquid, especially on things with larger threads like wheel nuts.
Ok. Thank you for that info. I'll have to pick some up soon. I wasn't a fan of that runny liquid either.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back