Need help with charger, batteries and connectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deimos

Reaction score
I want to order this charger:

https://www.banggood.com/IMAX-B6AC-...rmmds=search&ID=471846217326&cur_warehouse=CN

I want this one because it comes with a board for parallel charging, and the IMAX B6ac was recommended to me as a solid charger, but i don't know which plug to get for the parallel board, the t plug or the XT60 plug

I am getting a Senton 3s BLX and plan to buy 4 3s batteries of 5000mah.

I am lost with the connectors, do i need to buy an adapter for the batteries to be able to connect them to the senton 3s, the IMAX B6ac charger and the parallel charging board?

Judging by the looks of it that charger is compatible w/ the T-plug & XT60. I have a Senton 3s BLX 4x4, and if I’m not mistaken you’ll need a XT90 connection. I know for certain I don’t use a T-plug. Good luck though. I’m sure more experienced members of the forum will comment soon.

Last edited:
A few thoughts -

That charger is a 80w max charger. This will be a practical limit on how many cells you can charge. As a rule of thumb, for 5000mah cells, you need 25w per cell for a 1c / 1 hour charge. So 80w, you can charge 1 x 3s at 1C. If you want to parallel charge 4 x 3s, you need (4 x 3) x 25 = 300w charger power.

The batteries you linked are 20C. The Arrma BLX cars are power hungry, and will destroy a 20C pack. Arrma recommends 45C minimum for their cars.

The charger you linked can work, but only for one pack at a time. The battery you linked, though, is not a good idea.

Jerry

A few thoughts -

That charger is a 80w max charger. This will be a practical limit on how many cells you can charge. As a rule of thumb, for 5000mah cells, you need 25w per cell for a 1c / 1 hour charge. So 80w, you can charge 1 x 3s at 1C. If you want to parallel charge 4 x 3s, you need (4 x 3) x 25 = 300w charger power.

The batteries you linked are 20C. The Arrma BLX cars are power hungry, and will destroy a 20C pack. Arrma recommends 45C minimum for their cars.

The charger you linked can work, but only for one pack at a time. The battery you linked, though, is not a good idea.

Jerry

Do you think i should use 2s or 3s batteries? The 3s that have 35c and up are pretty expensive and i found some ok priced 60c 2s 5000mah ones.

Also, will 2s batteries require less power to charge, will i be able to charge at least two 2s 5000mah batteries?

Last edited:
Do you think i should use 2s or 3s batteries? The 3s that have 35c and up are pretty expensive and i found some ok priced 60c 2s 5000mah ones.

Also, will 2s batteries require less power to charge, will i be able to charge at least two 2s 5000mah batteries?
You need 25w if charger power per cell. So 2 x 2s is 4 cells, so you need 100w.

As for 2s vs. 3s, it really depends on how extreme do you want to bash. I ran RC cars on 6-cell nicad batteries with brushed motors for many years. These cars maxed out at 15 maybe 20 mph, and I was giggly happy about it. Mind you that was 30 years ago. 2 s brushless power is still a lot more speed and Power then I could ever have hoped for back then.

If you are on a budget, I would suggest getting fewer high quality batteries versus many cheap batteries. Your previous link was to a $25 battery that you said you planned on buying 4 of these. That tells me you have a $100 budget for batteries. With that $100 you should be able to easily buy two high quality 3s batteries.

The one place where I would strongly suggest that you expand your budget is the charger. See if you can stretch your charger budget up to about $100. At that point you should be able to get one of the two channel Chargers that can push 80 to 100 Watts on each Channel at the same time. This is much more useful and safer then a lower wattage charger with a parallel board. If your budget is very tight, I would even go so far as to say by only one good battery, and a good charger. It will be easier to buy more batteries in a month or two down the road versus replacing that slow charger that may be getting the job done, but is frustrating and slow you every time you use it.

Last edited:
This would be my charger recommendation: https://www.amazon.com/HTRC-Charger...ocphy=9028716&hvtargid=pla-662029391420&psc=1

Some good battery brands you can keep an eye on for sales, I would suggest SMC, PowerHobby, Turnigy and Ovonics. Good, proven brands along with proven, good products.

It may seem a lil high price, like most anything in the world today, you do get what you pay for! Good luck, Happy Bashing!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back