Need help with connectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kalani938

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Ok, I currently have a Slash 4x4 and I'm about to buy a Kraton. I just bought a new Ultra Power UP120AC Duo 2x120W 12a x 2 charger. My concern is how many adapters I'm going to need to charge all these different batteries. My two 2S batteries came with deans plugs, but my Slash is a TRX plug so I just bought a couple adapters to use. With the Kraton I'm about to buy, it comes with an XT90 plug and the 3S batteries I have on order only came with TRX plugs. I thought about getting more adapters, but I don't even think you can get a TRX male to XT90 female adapter. The obvious thing would be to cut it all and solder XT90 connectors to everything, but I've never soldered before so I have no tools or experience doing that. Any advice? LOL

Good idea. Should I go all XT90 or TRX? With what I've got it would actually be easier to go TRX, but not sure which is better.

Ok, I currently have a Slash 4x4 and I'm about to buy a Kraton. I just bought a new Ultra Power UP120AC Duo 2x120W 12a x 2 charger. My concern is how many adapters I'm going to need to charge all these different batteries. My two 2S batteries came with deans plugs, but my Slash is a TRX plug so I just bought a couple adapters to use. With the Kraton I'm about to buy, it comes with an XT90 plug and the 3S batteries I have on order only came with TRX plugs. I thought about getting more adapters, but I don't even think you can get a TRX male to XT90 female adapter. The obvious thing would be to cut it all and solder XT90 connectors to everything, but I've never soldered before so I have no tools or experience doing that. Any advice? LOL

Learn to solder. I was the same, looks difficult, but with the right tools and practice it's fairly simple. Watch this video - I found it the best at explaining things.

Make sure you get a nice hot soldering iron - I have a 100W one with a chisel type tip, that way it will get lots of heat into the wire quickly to melt the solder and properly tin things.

Aside from an iron, you will need 60/40 lead solder with a rosin flux core. Just do a google search, lots of places to buy it from. I also find using a rosin flux pen handy and makes soldering easier - you use it to coat what you want to solder, and it helps the solder to flow nicely. You will need a soldering iron stand, a heat proof mat, a damp sponge to clean your irons tip, wire cutters/strippers, suitable wire, and heat shrink tubing. Maybe also a Mr. Jig, or a set of helping hands - you will see a lot of people on YouTube using these, they are just clamps/holding devices to keep everything in place whilst you focus on soldering, can find them on eBay.

Shouldn't cost more than £35 for all the above ($50ish). Practice by cutting small sections of wire up, stripping the ends, and practice tinning the ends of the wire. The trick I find is to use a flux pen, and flux cored solder, and to have a nice hot iron so you can work quickly and not overheat the rest of the wire/components.

Seriously you can get adapters, but just learn to solder. It's s new skill to learn, and you will have fun learning it. Just make sure to watch plenty of YouTube videos first, and never touch the positive and negative together accidentally if you are wiring a battery - I've done it, and at the least you will destroy whatever metal tool made the bridged connection.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back