Big Rock Need help with diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kemosabi

Reaction score
Ok i got new hex and wheels to convert to 17mm and within 10 mins i stripped the rear diff and clue as to why and if i replace with all metal parts will that solve the problem

Ok i got new hex and wheels to convert to 17mm and within 10 mins i stripped the rear diff and clue as to why and if i replace with all metal parts will that solve the problem
Hello and Welcome...

I would not jump to all metal parts. My question first would be, what wheels did you go with? It has been seen many times myself included I went from light stock tires to heavier tires. Even belted tires...bad ending. When the wheel weight is great, it can create stress on your diff/gear and strip the spur or input gear, or both.

There are other reasons but best to step through them....3S rig can run just fine stock, but when we over-stress that possible things like this could happen. Not saying this is your issue but like to know what wheels did you go with first. 17 hex is no issue I have that on my Big Rock.

When you say new wheels and tires, did you stay mostly stock, 2.8"? Can you post pics of the rear diff/gears? Any other mods other than then the wheel/ tire combo and 17mm hex? I've abused the heck out of my BR and broke tons of parts , but the plastic gears have held up..... SO far.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back