Kraton Need help with ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rott

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I just got my Kraton v4 in December, so I'm new to this, but what supposed to be a nice night of replacing my stock servo and amount with an upgraded one turned into a bad night...

Now when I power up my Kraton, the ESC blinks green once, then starts blinking red quickly. I have tried the "reset" method of holding the set button for 4 seconds, but that does nothing. I tried recalibrating it, but that does nothing.

If I let it sit there blinking long enough, all of a sudden it takes off on me. Oh, and the steering does work also.

What in the world did I do wrong????

Does the servo respond to your input?

Check to make sure everything is plugged in securely and that you didn’t pinch any wires while reassembling. If you can, post pictures so we can see if there’s anything visibly off that could help identify as well.

That’s crazy I had same issue on my typhon and it fixed my issue you had. You missed a step cause I did. I didn’t hold reset button down while turning power on. I turn rig on first then reset button. I switched to a redcat remote and reciever. My typhon runs like a champ

hope that helps

I will try holding the set button while turning the car on in the morning. I thought you only did that to calibrate, so thank you!

Regarding the connections...I plugged it in a couple times and even tried switching channels, and nothing helped. Pics probably won't help either as I currently took the ESC out of the vehicle and it's sitting on the table. :) I also tried plugging everything in with it outside the car, and had the same result.

One other thing...I did earlier switch the radio out to a Traxxas TQ one I had handy, but everything worked fine after that.
Does the servo respond to your input?

Check to make sure everything is plugged in securely and that you didn’t pinch any wires while reassembling. If you can, post pictures so we can see if there’s anything visibly off that could help identify as well.

Oh, and yes, the servo does respond to my steering inputs.

I will try holding the set button while turning the car on in the morning. I thought you only did that to calibrate, so thank you!

Regarding the connections...I plugged it in a couple times and even tried switching channels, and nothing helped. Pics probably won't help either as I currently took the ESC out of the vehicle and it's sitting on the table. :) I also tried plugging everything in with it outside the car, and had the same result.

One other thing...I did earlier switch the radio out to a Traxxas TQ one I had handy, but everything worked fine after that.

Oh, and yes, the servo does respond to my steering inputs.
You welcome

That’s weird that calibrating it didn’t work. Not being funny but did you do full throttle,full reverse back to neutral thing

I did try that...several times. After the full throttle, the ESC seemed to ignore everything after and just continue the red fast flash.

And it all worked fine before, unplug the esc wire and flip it over, you could of cross wires when plugging it in just sayin. I’ve done that too
When plugging back plug it same way as servo plug in, think copper prongs go up.

And it all worked fine before, unplug the esc wire and flip it over, you could of cross wires when plugging it in just sayin. I’ve done that too
When plugging back plug it same way as servo plug in, think copper prongs go up.
The lead that goes from the ESC to the receiver. Black (negative) wire faces the short side, correct?

I have the black wire facing the "outside" of the receiver...which is consistent with what I've seen on these forums, and with the way it was with the factory receiver...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back