Need help with Graph reading

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordo

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Limitless
Can someone tell me what I'm looking at and what to do. Running castle 1721 2400kv 4s x2 power hobby 14.8 6000 mah batteries, 22 pinion 39 spur. Castle xl2 esc recalibrated before run. Did my Pb but I see rpm should be higher and my throttle was not even close to 100%. It was 3rd run on batteries. My question is the batteries not quality enough to pull the gear I'm running. I think I'm running a pretty conservative pinion. I did try a 27 pinion and it went slower. Any help would be much appreciated. If my batteries are the problem let me know what batteries you recommend. Online chnl,onyx, turnigy, 4s batteries 5500 mah are back ordered.

16840835456732587284675155103188.jpg

20230514_120918.jpg

Screenshot_20230514-083709_RC Gears.jpg

Can someone tell me what I'm looking at and what to do. Running castle 1721 2400kv 4s x2 power hobby 14.8 6000 mah batteries, 22 pinion 39 spur. Castle xl2 esc recalibrated before run. Did my Pb but I see rpm should be higher and my throttle was not even close to 100%. It was 3rd run on batteries. My question is the batteries not quality enough to pull the gear I'm running. I think I'm running a pretty conservative pinion. I did try a 27 pinion and it went slower. Any help would be much appreciated. If my batteries are the problem let me know what batteries you recommend. Online chnl,onyx, turnigy, 4s batteries 5500 mah are back ordered.

16840835456732587284675155103188.jpg

20230514_120918.jpg

Screenshot_20230514-083709_RC Gears.jpg
I did finally join the 100mph club. About f-ing time😀

You over geared at 27t even the log you posted. You went below 3.8 volts per cell. The batteries are straining… try heat soaking them a little. See if you still dip below 3.8 per cell.

Here’s one of mine…. Congrats on 100mph club

Gear down to 20t and see if you pick up speed and see if your battery drops still.
You will eventually need to invest in better batteries. Even the CHNL white packs do pretty well

Edit. I’m not in a good cell service so it doesn’t want to upload the photos

Last edited:
You over geared at 27t even the log you posted. You went below 3.8 volts per cell. The batteries are straining… try heat soaking them a little. See if you still dip below 3.8 per cell.

Here’s one of mine…. Congrats on 100mph club
What's this heat soaking

Thanks, where on the graph you see my batteries are going below 3.8 v? And what else should I be looking for?

A 3rd run is definitely not good for top speeds but congrats.

Batteries are up for the job, at least for this run because everything else is messed up.
You only made it to 79% power out before LVC kicked in (roughly 0.5s after crossing the fat red line), i.e. you still have ~ 1/4 power untapped.
Now, at 100% your Lipos will die, just a guess.

What is killing you is the fact that you have LVC set (big FAT red line). As son as you cross that threshold, the ESC will throttle back.
For speed runs, turn LVC off.

Lipo warming etc won't help you at this time, you still have miles to go before the inches gained, from a warm lipo, will help you.

--
Now back to OP, learn to use the graph.

The most important item (throttle input) is turned off. That is your reference for the other lines. Can be turned off if that is a constant (PP or similar)

Ripple looks good, you can turn it off for now, keep it below 5-10% and you will be fine.

Amps are way too high, but that is your throttle finger and gearing. Keeping 79% in mind, you would peak at ~600A and those Lipos won't make it.

You really have no idea at this time what your setup can do, but this statement is meant as constructive criticism.

Do NOT change pinions etc until you get the basics down, or you will burn up stuff.
Gearing down and understanding the capabilities of the lipo is recommended.

Other observations:
RPM 22000 is very low since LVC kicked in.
Power out should be 100% for 2 s for top runs.

Thanks for the info and appreciate the time you spent breaking everything down m.👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back