Kraton Need Help with Kraton v.5 Rear Bumper/Wheelie Bar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiamiRC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Vorteks
So I think I'm not alone in not being a fan of the way Arrma mounted the rear wing on the Kraton. It has only taken me a couple bad landings on the wing to shear off the screws that hold it to the shock tower. I've seen a few solutions on Youtube to strengthen this but I'm also looking to add a rear bumper/wheelie bar to deflect some of this impact, but it seems like most of them don't stick out far enough to really divert much of the force from the wing, but maybe I'm wrong about that. One notable looking exception is the Tbone rear bumper wheelie bar which sticks out quite a bit and looks like it would give some real shock absorption. Problem is it's out of stock and it looks like Tbone isn't going to make them anymore. Does anyone have a source for this part or have another good rear bumper suggestion to deflect the wing from taking so much of the abuse on a rear landing? I see some people putting the RPM front bumper on the rear, maybe that is worth a shot. Anyone found a great solution to this? Thanks

hot racing wing mount maybe?
Thanks, but looks like it mounts the same way. My problem is less the wing mount and more that it puts all the pressure on the mounting screws, which are pretty thin to begin with, and shears them off. An aluminum mount is going to flex even less than the stock plastic one and seems likely to put even more pressure on the screws. The RPM ones are supposed to be the other direction and softer than stock so they flex more. Still doesn't address the design issue but maybe takes a little pressure off. If I get desperate enough I might try that but hoping someone has come up with something better.

I use the POS wing mount on my Noto. It utilizes the shock tower's body mount positions for extra bracing. Others have had great results with it too. It hasn't warped like the stock and RPM ones did for me

I use the POS wing mount on my Noto. It utilizes the shock tower's body mount positions for extra bracing. Others have had great results with it too. It hasn't warped like the stock and RPM ones did for me
Cool. Do you have a link or know where I can get it? I've never heard of POS.
Also, if anyone cares, I talked to TBone today and they are working on a v5 version but no ETA on when ready.

I just put a RMP front bumper for a Kraton on the rear to see if that helps the wing mounts. I’m also testing other wing mounts for a Typhon that will lower the wing (if it fits). My other options are to install a smaller Outcast wing and to delete the wing altogether.

I tried the RPM wing mounts. I even boiled them. They gave and twisted a ton, but they only lasted one pack before one of them snapped. I guess I could try learning to drive better; I tend to cartwheel the EXB often and land upside down (backwards). {shrugs}

I ran an Arrma wheelie bar since I bought my EXB and I feel like this may have caused some of the sheared bolts / broken mounts. I think it puts a greater amount of force on the mounts because of the added length.

I wish I could get my hands on POS wing mounts, but I’m in the states. T-Bone Racing sells similar mounts compared to the POS, but I can’t find them anywhere. Anyway, good luck! I’ll try to remember to post an update on my experiments once a couple more parts get delivered.
I have seen people put the EXB front bumper on the rear on YouTube. Maybe an option?
Hurricane
I’ll check that out for sure if the RPM bumper doesn’t work out.

Last edited:
I just put a RMP front bumper for a Kraton on the rear to see if that helps the wing mounts. I’m also testing other wing mounts for a Typhon that will lower the wing (if it fits). My other options are to install a smaller Outcast wing and to delete the wing altogether.

I tried the RPM wing mounts. I even boiled them. They gave and twisted a ton, but they only lasted one pack before one of them snapped. I guess I could try learning to drive better; I tend to cartwheel the EXB often and land upside down (backwards). {shrugs}

I ran an Arrma wheelie bar since I bought my EXB and I feel like this may have caused some of the sheared bolts / broken mounts. I think it puts a greater amount of force on the mounts because of the added length.

I wish I could get my hands on POS wing mounts, but I’m in the states. T-Bone Racing sells similar mounts compared to the POS, but I can’t find them anywhere. Anyway, good luck! I’ll try to remember to post an update on my experiments once a couple more parts get delivered.

I’ll check that out for sure if the RPM bumper doesn’t work out.
Thanks for the thoughtful reply. If you find a good solution (other than learning to drive better cause that sure ain't gonna work for me) please let me know!

More parts came in today, so here are a few pictures of today’s Kraton mod. For those who may have wondered: yes, a Typhon wing mount will fit a Kraton; yes, an Outcast wing will fit on a Kraton with Typhon mounts; and yes, a RPM front bumper will directly mount on the rear of a Kraton. I haven’t taken it out for a bash (drive) yet to see how it goes; hopefully tomorrow! I’m wondering now if I can somehow brace/tether the wing to the bumper...
0670DFE9-8995-49C5-88C4-F5330DF3A869.jpeg
0EE8744F-32CA-483E-8E1F-3FF84E3C608A.jpeg
78FB4265-EFF4-427F-927F-973F1676F0F3.jpeg

More parts came in today, so here are a few pictures of today’s Kraton mod. For those who may have wondered: yes, a Typhon wing mount will fit a Kraton; yes, an Outcast wing will fit on a Kraton with Typhon mounts; and yes, a RPM front bumper will directly mount on the rear of a Kraton. I haven’t taken it out for a bash (drive) yet to see how it goes; hopefully tomorrow! I’m wondering now if I can somehow brace/tether the wing to the bumper...
View attachment 133386View attachment 133387View attachment 133388
Very interesting. Please let us know if that bumper helps protect the wing mounts or not really. I might do the same thing if it works out.

Very interesting. Please let us know if that bumper helps protect the wing mounts or not really. I might do the same thing if it works out.
I ran it yesterday and I like the added protection that the RPM bumper provides, but unfortunately, it did not save the wing. Both Typhon mounts snapped in front of the wing on a bad, backward landing. I didn’t think it would last long because the mounts and wing combination seemed very stiff, but I had my fingers crossed.

I don’t know what my next move is. I know the wing protects the shock tower, so I feel like I need to have something back there. Maybe I can figure out some sort of roll bar in place of the wing.

Back