Need Help With Limitless Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apexninja

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 4s
Hey everyone,

New to here but not to RC it’s just been a long while lol!

I’m having trouble with my limitless build and the car is driving me mad. I put everything in (parts listed below) and got it running, however, I have no power in launch at all. It’ll move forward slowly then after about 2 sec into accelerating it will take off like a bat outta hell! Reverse acceleration is quicker than forward. Also, it completely cut out on me today and wouldn’t accelerate or reverse at all for about a min or two, Finally there is barley to no braking power at all. Idk lol. I’m sure I’m just being an idiot and it’s something stupid but I can’t figure it out. My last RC build was about 10 years ago so take it easy on me lmao!! Any help is much appreciated!

Parts:

Stock gearing

Dynamite Fuze 1/8th Brushless Motor 2200kv

Spektrum S6250 Ultra Torque High Speed Digi WP Met

Spektrum Firma 150 Amp Brushless SMART ESC 3S-6S

Futaba 3PV 3-Channel 2.4GHz FHSS/S-FHSS Radio System w/R203GF Receiver

Batteries: HRB 3S 11.1V 5000mAh LiPo Battery 50C (6s)

Did you calibrate your ESC to your throttle end points? Also firma default punch setting seems to rather conservative so might be too low for the limitless stock spool gearing?

Attached some pictures from the firma manual for reference if needed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200518-221655_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20200518-221655_Drive.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20200518-222018_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20200518-222018_Drive.jpg
    372.5 KB · Views: 40
Did you calibrate your ESC to your throttle end points? Also firma default punch setting seems to rather conservative so might be too low for the limitless stock spool gearing?

Attached some pictures from the firma manual for reference if needed.

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I calibrated my ESC and went through and up the punch settings. Tomorrow I’ll shoot a video and send pics. It’s like it doesn’t want to move then all of a sudden bang! Idk.

I'll let someone who's more familiar chime in but it almost sounds like your fwd/reverse motor direction is backwards on both the esc and the remote.

Have you tested this on a bench with wheels up? Would be an easy way to tell if reverse is indeed faster than forward and if that is the case you can change the motor direction in the esc and then flip around on your remote at the same time and try again.

I'll let someone who's more familiar chime in but it almost sounds like your fwd/reverse motor direction is backwards on both the esc and the remote.

Have you tested this on a bench with wheels up? Would be an easy way to tell if reverse is indeed faster than forward and if that is the case you can change the motor direction in the esc and then flip around on your remote at the same time and try again.
This.... I have the 3pv remote as well and I’ve had similar issues... have you figured it out yet?? The 3pv has a lot of settings too almost too many haha..

Futaba radios throttle is backwards for some reason. This means that so far you have been running forward using reverse and backwards using forward but likely had your motor wires swapped so that the car was traveling the correct direction. If you scroll through the menus there should be a throttle reverse setting.
It will be best to re-calibrate the esc after and then if your car is running opposite direction you may need to swap 2 of the motor wires to get the forward and reverse back to normal.

1589889552336.png

Also to add to what others have said, you said stock gearing, but I believe the Limitless comes with two pinions. Do you know which one you used?

@jondilly1974 my limitless only came with a 27t pinion and 34t spool. The infraction comes with a second pinion.

OP...Like others said, esc settings along with channel reverse on channel 2 and recalibrate.

Your cutting out sounds like you may have hit thermal cutoff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back