Need help with mounting a new body.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpricenator

Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I have always bought bodies that were pre cut, or marked for the individual car they were made for. So this is my first time fitting a new body, to an RC, and to make it worse I can’t see anything. I have my Body all set to go on the Kraton and I have the body posts installed. I am test fitting the body and I think my posts are all tall enough to allow a full range of motion. Since the body came pre-painted, I can’t see where to put the holes. It was on clearance otherwise I would have done all the fitting and mounting prior to painting it. The body is a Parma Grave Digger, like @Vanning had. So long rear end and sides panels, prevent me from getting an angled view or where to put the holes. Does anyone have a method, suggestion or solution to this problem?

Get a clear body. :D That didn't help any did it ? You could trim what you can and then maybe set the body in place and see if the posts will dimple into the lexan or put some silly puddy under the body and see where the posts dig into it. Then use a small punch to make some starter holes through the puddy. The wing mount opening in the back. You may have to wing it..... no pun intended. Mines about right there in the picture..... however, I did sell my Kraton.

Attachments

• IMG_0266.JPG
    IMG_0266.JPG
    289.6 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0289.JPG
    IMG_0289.JPG
    355.6 KB · Views: 109
A couple of suggestions:

You could try putting a dab of correction fluid (liquid paper, white-out) on each of the body posts and carefully get the body in the correct position and lower it onto the posts. Should leave a white mark for you to punch your holes.

Or, put the body on where you want it and shine a bright light from the underside up into the body post area, you should be able to see the posts through the paint and mark them that way?

Thanks guys! I like the silly putty idea, we were thinking about the white out or paint idea, but I have already meshed and shoe gooed the body. And NO, buying a pre-painted body does not help. It was a clearance item, so at least I saved a few bucks.

I also notice that your body posts are way taller than the ones I have. I may need to go re-think how high I need the body.

Thanks guys! I like the silly putty idea, we were thinking about the white out or paint idea, but I have already meshed and shoe gooed the body. And NO, buying a pre-painted body does not help. It was a clearance item, so at least I saved a few bucks.

I also notice that your body posts are way taller than the ones I have. I may need to go re-think how high I need the body.
Seen these http://www.rcdriver.com/mount-a-body-with-dynamites-ez-body-post-marker-set/
Pretty cool !!

Yep, that'll do it!!!!! ORDERED. WOOT WOOT. That's going to make my life so much easier. I Checked out that 2nd picture of Vannings then dug through all the dang Pro-line body posts sets until I found the one he used. Looks like the E-MAXX post set. I ordered those fro the same guy I just ordered these from. Liquid RC gets a lot of my business on Ebay. they always seem to have good prices, and free shipping.

These worked great. They were not made for the Proline Screw down mounts like I bought, so I had to use my imagination. I took 4 of the 6 loose magnets and taped them to the center of the body posts. Then I set the body down, and got it where I wanted it. And marked the holes using the reamer. Bored out my holes and mounted it. Looks Mean as heck. I'll get a picture up later on. Thanks for the tip on this tool.

These worked great. They were not made for the Proline Screw down mounts like I bought, so I had to use my imagination. I took 4 of the 6 loose magnets and taped them to the center of the body posts. Then I set the body down, and got it where I wanted it. And marked the holes using the reamer. Bored out my holes and mounted it. Looks Mean as heck. I'll get a picture up later on. Thanks for the tip on this tool.
That's great !!! Post a pic I'd be interested to see cheers !!

Any more pics of the body posts or suggestions? Going to try and mount a summit body on my Kraton project.

Thanx,

Justin

Did you have to do anything special to secure the thunder tiger wheelie bar to the Kraton wing mount? It seems like the metal spacers that go through the two mount holes of the wheelie bare are to wide for my HR wing mount?

Thanx,

Justin

Last edited:
I think I just muscled it in there. NO modifications otherwise. I have since switched to the outcast wheelie bar. The Thunder Tiger one, you see in the pictures seemed to promote extended cartwheels. it kind of acted like a springboard in a cartwheel.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back