Senton Need help with my senton 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hatchetman37

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Senton 3s
How can I deep clean my motor? It was recently submerged for a few sec. Now it bucks and chugs

Sorry, misread your question

If you need a new motor, go to Jenny's RC, you won't find one for less unless you have a friend that has one to give you.

There will be no warranty if you get it from jenny's, but it shouldn't be too much I would think

Do not see why you can't carefully take it apart, remembering where everything goes. Clean with electrial contact cleaner and replace the 2 bearings. Re-assemble and test. It may be fine. Did your esc get submerged as well? Those are not waterproof. Good luck

Similar to what @palmryde said...

When I deep clean my motors, I completely disassemble them and clean all the parts in a heated ultrasonic cleaner in a solution of 1 gal water + 1 cup Simple Green. I run the ultrasonic part for 5 minutes, rotate the parts around to change their orientation, and run it for another 5 minutes. Pull it out and let dry. Give it another clean with electrical contact cleaner to remove any residue from the Simple Green. Clean the bearings separately and re-grease them, or replace them.

Before you ask, yes, I throw all the parts into the cleaner, motor can, can caps, and rotor.

I'm no expert but I think you need a new motor.
Thus is my fear as well
Do not see why you can't carefully take it apart, remembering where everything goes. Clean with electrial contact cleaner and replace the 2 bearings. Re-assemble and test. It may be fine. Did your esc get submerged as well? Those are not waterproof. Good luck
Well it does have a chassis cover on it you know the mesh cover so that slowed down the water some I don't believe the esc was hurt .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back