need help with setting up a landing gear on my plane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, throw me a bone here - plug your gear into your flaps channel (you do have flaps, right?) and hit the switch. If not, try the elevator. Tell me what happens.

Just did it and no luck made it 100+ and 100-
Also, throw me a bone here - plug your gear into your flaps channel (you do have flaps, right?) and hit the switch. If not, try the elevator. Tell me what happens.
Allready did that but no luck

So the gear isn't working - which leads me to believe that the connection to the gear has been broken somewhere inside the fuselage to the aircraft. Can you disassemble the wing and trace the leads? I think your connection between the three is messed up somewhere. I noticed in the picture that a plug seemed to be "floating." To where did that belong?

So the gear isn't working - which leads me to believe that the connection to the gear has been broken somewhere inside the fuselage to the aircraft. Can you disassemble the wing and trace the leads? I think your connection between the three is messed up somewhere. I noticed in the picture that a plug seemed to be "floating." To where did that belong?
I do not have any unused plugs and I tried plugging in just one of the retracts and still no luck

I do not have any unused plugs and I tried plugging in just one of the retracts and still no luck
Your debugging skills are better than I thought they were. You're hammering down all the stupid stuff that can happen. Buuuuuut... it's unlikely ALL THREE gear have failed.

It must be something else.

Are the gear out/down? If so, you can unscrew one and drag that muther near the receiver and plug it into a bunch of different ports until you determine whether it's working or not. If they're up... well things get uglier. that's for sure. Was this airplane sent as a Plug n' Fly?
I mean, what I'm saying is unplug one of the working channels and stick the gear into that channel, actuate that channel's switch or move the stick, and tell me what happens.

Your debugging skills are better than I thought they were. You're hammering down all the stupid stuff that can happen. Buuuuuut... it's unlikely ALL THREE gear have failed.

It must be something else.

Are the gear out/down? If so, you can unscrew one and drag that muther near the receiver and plug it into a bunch of different ports until you determine whether it's working or not. If they're up... well things get uglier. that's for sure. Was this airplane sent as a Plug n' Fly?
I mean, what I'm saying is unplug one of the working channels and stick the gear into that channel, actuate that channel's switch or move the stick, and tell me what happens.
Yeah tried putting it on a different channel actually the flaps and no luck and I don’t think the gears are damaged because I don’t hear and servo straining sound and etc and it was a bind n fly

Do you have an extra y harness you can try? I have had an an issue that was solved because I had a bad y harness. Sounds like you have tried all of the obvious stuff. It's going to be something stupid, it always is. :banghead: 🤣
Do you have a regular servo you can plug in instead of the gear to make sure a signal is going through that channel?

Do you have an extra y harness you can try? I have had an an issue that was solved because I had a bad y harness. Sounds like you have tried all of the obvious stuff. It's going to be something stupid, it always is. :banghead: 🤣
Do you have a regular servo you can plug in instead of the gear to make sure a signal is going through that channel?
Tried plugging just one of the gears without the tri harness and still no luck so that’s not the issue sadly

It's new-in-box, right?

You have the receipt, correct?

This sounds like a problem the retailer can fix...
Tried and yes I have a receipt they say it’s a transmitter problem and can help me next week but I won’t be in town

Updated the controller but still no luck I but now I have safe but I think it’s because the controller is a 6 channel and the plane is 6-7 channel and safe is taking up a channel but I don’t need it so I think if I can replace safe with gear it would work
Any ideas to get rid of safe?

I suspect you'd benefit from SAFE with this jet, unless you're a super-experienced hotshot or a calm flyer like me. Your radio IS at the end of it's rope with the channels and all, and the 6E was never Spektrum's best stuff. My radio won't fly your plane due to its age and receiver incompatibility.

IF I were you, I'd strongly suggest you look at the Radiomaster TX16S. It's terrific, and about $2.5 hundred. Easily 1/4 of what Spektrum would charge - the shits that they are.

I suspect you'd benefit from SAFE with this jet, unless you're a super-experienced hotshot or a calm flyer like me. Your radio IS at the end of it's rope with the channels and all, and the 6E was never Spektrum's best stuff. My radio won't fly your plane due to its age and receiver incompatibility.

IF I were you, I'd strongly suggest you look at the Radiomaster TX16S. It's terrific, and about $2.5 hundred. Easily 1/4 of what Spektrum would charge - the shits that they are.
Would that remote allow safe though
And I heard I could use a digital switch for safe if anyone knows how to do it which would free up a channel

If plugging the retracts into any open channel does not work, including a channel for other functions like ailerons or elevator, then you have a defective gear system. The retracts are not complicated, they either work or they don't.

I would highly encourage you to stick with Spektrum, especially for forward programing capabilities. I've flown some of the aforementioned transmitters and lets just say they leave a lot to be desired.

Some bad news, from Spektrum's website:

"Please Note: These transmitters do not support Forward Programming devices: DX6i, DX6G2 (EU Version), DX7, DX7S, DX7SE, DX7G2 (EU Version), DX8, Non-computer transmitters"

My DX7S won't run your AR631.
Do you have it plugged in T A E R G F?
In other words, CH1: Throttle CH2: Aileron CH3: Elevator CH4: Rudder CH5: Gear CH6: Flaps

This information is not quite accurate. While you won't be able to access the Forward Programming functions inside of the AR631's AS3X and SAFE menu, you will however still be able to successfully bind to and fly the receiver with the DX6E transmitter.

If plugging the retracts into any open channel does not work, including a channel for other functions like ailerons or elevator, then you have a defective gear system. The retracts are not complicated, they either work or they don't.

I would highly encourage you to stick with Spektrum, especially for forward programing capabilities. I've flown some of the aforementioned transmitters and lets just say they leave a lot to be desired.

This information is not quite accurate. While you won't be able to access the Forward Programming functions inside of the AR631's AS3X and SAFE menu, you will however still be able to successfully bind to and fly the receiver with the DX6E transmitter.
XpressMusic is, I believe, right on all counts.

I would still leave Spektrum behind if I were you - their impenetrable radio command and unhelpful support network, which has you shelling out money and switching radios for $$$$ units as they incorporate new corporate goals (which seem to change every two years) makes me reject them as an option.

I don't view their Forward Programming as much of any kind of an advantage. I have had terrific luck with my Radiomaster and wouldn't switch back for any reason.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back