Big Rock Need help with shocks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Vorteks
Recently upgraded my Big Rock with 6s shocks but noticed something on the front. When I lift the truck up then sit it back down, the front end stays in a raised position. Unlike the rear which compresses to the weight of the truck normally.

I'm not very well educated on shocks so I'm hoping someone can help me understand what is going on so I can address the issue. When I put pressure down on the front, it lifts back to a flush height with the rear. Not sure if the shocks are meant to do this. I know the rear has more weight than the front. Help is appreciated!

Any recommendations on shock oil? I know they come in different weights and I actually know how to bleed them, just not how to take them apart. I'll consult youtube for that though.

Any recommendations on shock oil? I know they come in different weights and I actually know how to bleed them, just not how to take them apart. I'll consult youtube for that though.
They're easy to take apart. Pull the spring up and take the bottom spring cup off, then unscrew the shock cap. I use 60wt oil in my Big Rock with the 6s shocks and Team Associated RC8B3 yellow springs. On my Typhon 3s I have 6s shocks with 45wt oil, Talion front springs on the rear and Mojave 6S soft front springs on the front.

I'm running the same setup on my big rock as well. I'll take a look at them when I get home. It's out of commission anyways. I'm converting it into a 3S Kraton. 🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back