Typhon Need help with typhon 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teagle1904

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Need help with a situation..just purchased the hot racing 10mm offset 17mm hubs for my typhon 3s..took off all the stock ones etc put the new pin in and tried to slip the piece over but it doesn't go on all the way..it won't reach the pin? Not sure why or what I need to do any help is welcome thank you..newer to the hobby as well

Need help with a situation..just purchased the hot racing 10mm offset 17mm hubs for my typhon 3s..took off all the stock ones etc put the new pin in and tried to slip the piece over but it doesn't go on all the way..it won't reach the pin? Not sure why or what I need to do any help is welcome thank you..newer to the hobby as well
Those are not a direct fit on the Typhon 3s it even states this in the description on the Hot Racing website.
Typhon 4X4 3S BLX: AR102696 (optional - requires either Hot Racing ATF288RC axles or Arrma AR310784 wheel axle stub)
description revised by: SN March 11, 2019

Those are not a direct fit on the Typhon 3s it even states this in the description on the Hot Racing website.
Typhon 4X4 3S BLX: AR102696 (optional - requires either Hot Racing ATF288RC axles or Arrma AR310784 wheel axle stub)
Damn..alright thank you brotha..the guy at the shop never told me that thanks

Damn..alright thank you brotha..the guy at the shop never told me that thanks
Simplest solution is to get the Granite stub axles AR310784.
To get the old ones off you need to stick your 2mm inside the driveshaft like this. Make sure you put some threadlock on the screw before you reattach them and use threadlock before you put the barrel nuts on.
20210421_171207.jpg

To get the old ones off you need to stick your 2mm inside the driveshaft like this. Make sure you put some threadlock on the screw before you reattach them and use threadlock before you put the barrel nuts on.
View attachment 141027
Thank you so much brotha I just ordered the stub axles right now so hopefully everything will be good to go 👌

Thank you so much brotha I just ordered the stub axles right now so hopefully everything will be good to go 👌
Just so you know, the Granite/Big Rock/Senton axles are much thinner than the Typhon axles. I bent/snapped them often on my Granite. Also the Hot Racing extensions need loc-tite and are prone to coming loose, which results in lost pins and wheels flying off. They were my biggest headache.

I ditched the Granite axles along with the Hot Racing extensions in favor of Typhon axles (and arms). The Typhon axles are much more durable and fully capture the pin. I bash my Granite hard and I have yet to bend/snap an axle or have a wheel fly off since switching to Typhon axles.

Since you have a Typhon, it will be a tradeoff between a wider stance and more durable, reliable axles. If you don't snap any axles or have your wheels fly off, by all means, stick with the Hot Racing extensions. But if they create a problem, the stock Typhon setup is more reliable/durable. Getting wider wheels is another option for a wider stance.

Just so you know, the Granite/Big Rock/Senton axles are much thinner than the Typhon axles. I bent/snapped them often on my Granite. Also the Hot Racing extensions need loc-tite and are prone to coming loose, which results in lost pins and wheels flying off. They were my biggest headache.

I ditched the Granite axles along with the Hot Racing extensions in favor of Typhon axles (and arms). The Typhon axles are much more durable and fully capture the pin. I bash my Granite hard and I have yet to bend/snap an axle or have a wheel fly off since switching to Typhon axles.

Since you have a Typhon, it will be a tradeoff between a wider stance and more durable, reliable axles. If you don't snap any axles or have your wheels fly off, by all means, stick with the Hot Racing extensions. But if they create a problem, the stock Typhon setup is more reliable/durable. Getting wider wheels is another option for a wider stance.
Thank you for the response brotha! To be honest I haven't had to much trouble with the stock set up until the other day when the wheel came flying off. All I needed was to replace the pin for the hub and that was that. But I figured with the current terain I have been driving on etc I wanted to give the hot racing hub extensions a shot and hopefully get some better stability..ill see what happens and definitely keep what you said in mind though thank you again

Make sure you get 2 sets as there are only 2 in each package, I made that mistake 😂

I've broken basically everything on my 3s at least twice I have never bent or broke a Granite stub axle, I did have the screw snap off inside one once though and the screws come out of the stub axles about a million times ended up using red thread lock on those guys. A little orange thread lock works wonders on the barrel nuts.

Make sure you get 2 sets as there are only 2 in each package, I made that mistake 😂

I've broken basically everything on my 3s at least twice I have never bent or broke a Granite stub axle, I did have the screw snap off inside one once though and the screws come out of the stub axles about a million times ended up using red thread lock on those guys. A little orange thread lock works wonders on the barrel nuts.
Interesting. Two questions, Do you jump? Do you use the Hot Racing extensions? I think both may contribute to bent/snapped axles. I'm actually thinking of trying the stock width axles again. The reason is one of the only remaining weaknesses in my Granite is popping driveshaft u-joints. The metal driveshafts will fix that, but they use the thinner axles. Until then, I've loosened my slipper some more to try to save my driveshafts. It's a choice between popped driveshafts or snapped axles.

Last edited:
Interesting. Two questions, Do you jump? Do you use the Hot Racing extensions? I think both may contribute to bent/snapped axles. I'm actually thinking of trying the stock width axles again. The reason is one of the only remaining weaknesses in my Granite is popping driveshaft u-joints. The metal driveshafts will fix that, but they use the thinner axles. Until then, I've loosened my slipper some more to try to save my driveshafts. It's a choice between popped driveshafts or snapped axles.
I jump it all the time and yes I have the Hot Racing 17mm extensions. Maybe I'm just lucky in that regard 🤷‍♂️ like I said pretty much everything else has been replaced at least twice, aside from the diffs and chassis I've only had to replace 1 chassis and 1 diff.

I jinxed myself.
20210424_213403.jpg

To get the old ones off you need to stick your 2mm inside the driveshaft like this. Make sure you put some threadlock on the screw before you reattach them and use threadlock before you put the barre

Got itt

Last edited:
Back