Typhon Need help with Typhon 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks guys!

any good affordable 6s batteries you could recommend? I'm not going to with the gears tho. i want to keep this off road.
Did you try the speed pinion that comes with the car at all? Just wondering!
I actually just bought some ProLine mx m2 buggy tires for my Typhon v4 6s. I just added fishing line on them to prevent ballooning. I love em! I'm still running my Typhon stock, except the included speed pinion it came with I added that.

Last edited:
16t 46spur, 2 venom 3s 5000 50, mmx 2 2200 good god this thing is stupid ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 44
A few thoughts -

For 6s and off-road, you will be a tire killing machine. Buggy tires are just not as tough as MT tires. Now may be a good time to upgrade to 2.8MT tires (with a wide mod so the rims clear the hubs). Plus the MT tire will help you put the power down.

Temps - watch them. Get a cheap IR thermometer, check the temp every now and again. first few runs, maybe every 5 minutes, till you know about what you have. If temps get above 180f, gear down.

Batteries - HobbyKing has a few good brands that won't break the bank. Their Graphine are GREAT batteries. Also the Turnigy HD are good. watch the pack size, though. Some of those non-ROAR packs are odd sized. I have a pair of the 3s 5000mah 65c graphines that fit the Arrma battery tray, but it is TIGHT. Mine are the older black Graphines, the newer green packs are supposed to be better.

ok so. holy #%@$.

i got the 6s and WTH. why does anyone need an RC to go this fast? don't answer that. :)

i ran it without the body, the motor got to about 125f. i stopped early because i was just doing speed runs on the street and had a few close calls. when you go WOT this thing has a hard time planting the power with these stockers. oh, and they are ROASTED. ill need to get some new street tires for this battery.

also, i don't have a voltage alarm, so i stopped early as to not dip below the 3.7. not sure if that's a very scientific way but its all i got. i ran for about 15-20 minutes.

i noticed where the velcro strap goes, it kinda dented in the battery. i suppose it was tight and when the battery got heated it warped.

is this a concern? should i be worried about this warped area where i had the strap too tight? do i run the risk of puncture or something else?

and to those wondering. stock gear. its enough for me. i will never need more speed. this thing is stupid AF as it is. 6s. damn it. i wish the 16 year old me, running a Lunch Box in an empty grocery store parking lot had one of these. and i thought those Lunch Boxes were fast with the brushed motors and of course the upgraded ball bearings. LOL. oh the good ole days.

hehehehhehehe...

Oh, and low voltage alarm? What ESC are you running? If it is the BLX185, it should cut out for LVC, unless you turned it off.
Can’t turn off LVC on the BLX185 since the V2 versions. ✌?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back