need help with what xmaxx gearing to get!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xmaxxguy18

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
so i have an xmaxx with a hobby wing 1100kv motor and max5v3, m2cracing motor mount. I don’t know what hearing to choose. i’ve heard 25/35 is the most common but it’s sold out everywhere. i want to do speedruns however i also like bashing. would it be possible to go 70mph? and also what batteries should i get to get the most power?

Last edited:
so i have an xmaxx with a hobby wing 1100kv motor and max5v3, m2cracing motor mount. I don’t know what hearing to choose. i’ve heard 25/35 is the most common but it’s sold out everywhere. i want to do speedruns however i also like bashing. would it be possible to go 70mph?
I’m wondering the same thing, I tried 34/54 before and it was way to fast, I think I’m gearing down to 23/54

Also, Welcome to AF!

I run a 5840s 1150kv TP motor, and I've been experimenting with gearing alot lately.. I'm using mod 1.5 gears, I found 35/18 to be ridiculously awesome but ran a little warm for my liking, which is 1.94:1, which would be equal to 46/24 or 50/26 in mod 1. I tried 35/22(insane), but it got hot quick. These guys running around on 25/35 or 25/30 have to be getting hot. I actually went back to 35/16 (2.19:1) and it runs way cooler, even in grass on a hot day... gotta remember, the factory "speed" gear (46/18) comes out to 2.55:1 which gets you right about 50mph
The 8s Backflips are hands down the best all around tires for the Xmaxx, they're the same weight as the stockers, but hold up way better, especially if you tape the rims and vent the tires
I think what we have to remember is all these YouTube rc influencers, are getting stuff given to them so they don't care how long it lasts.. just has to look good in a heavily edited 15 minute video, guaranteed they're going thru motors, escs and the like behind the scenes..

Last edited:
I run a 5840s 1150kv TP motor, and I've been experimenting with gearing alot lately.. I'm using mod 1.5 gears, I found 35/18 to be ridiculously awesome but ran a little warm for my liking, which is 1.94:1, which would be equal to 46/24 or 50/26 in mod 1. I tried 35/22(insane), but it got hot quick. These guys running around on 25/35 or 25/30 have to be getting hot. I actually went back to 35/16 (2.19:1) and it runs way cooler, even in grass on a hot day... gotta remember, the factory "speed" gear (46/18) comes out to 2.55:1 which gets you right about 50mph
The 8s Backflips are hands down the best all around tires for the Xmaxx, they're the same weight as the stockers, but hold up way better, especially if you tape the rims and vent the tires
I think what we have to remember is all these YouTube rc influencers, are getting stuff given to them so they don't care how long it lasts.. just has to look good in a heavily edited 15 minute video, guaranteed they're going thru motors, escs and the like behind the scenes..
What mods were needed to fit the Backflips?

What mods were needed to fit the Backflips?
I used GPM +3 aluminum wheel hexes, and RC MONSTER wheel nuts
The RC MONSTER wheel nuts have the shoulder on them so you can use the Arrma style wheels or other 1/5 scale stuff with the bigger center hole. I did have to put a washer in between the wheel nut and the wheel because the shoulder was making contact with the wheel hexes before it would fully tighten down, but I believe he offers 2 different wheel nuts, one with a deep shoulder like I have, and 1 with a shallower shoulder which would probably be perfect. I had already bought the ones with the longer shoulder because I was running dbxle 2.0 wheels and tires and needed the extra depth on the wheel nut, the dbxle wheels have a really thick center

Last edited:
Wish they would have hooked up better, loved the way they looked!!

20210205_201749.jpg

I only have a max6 in my Xmaxx but Rich Duperbash runs this in his Xmaxx. The Leopard 200a esc he has is rebrand HobbyWing Max5. Which is next on my list.

He gives a really nice breakdown of all his upgrades in the video.

I only have a max6 in my Xmaxx but Rich Duperbash runs this in his Xmaxx. The Leopard 200a esc he has is rebrand HobbyWing Max5. Which is next on my list.

He gives a really nice breakdown of all his upgrades in the video.
Yeah, I'm very familiar with his Xmaxx videos lol... like I said tho, his videos are heavily edited and he gets a ton of stuff for free so take his setups with a grain of salt.. and to be clear, I'm not knocking him, he's a great driver and definitely knows his stuff, just saying be careful

Yeah, I'm very familiar with his Xmaxx videos lol... like I said tho, his videos are heavily edited and he gets a ton of stuff for free so take his setups with a grain of salt.. and to be clear, I'm not knocking him, he's a great driver and definitely knows his stuff, just saying
Roger that. Definitely hard to tell unless you are actually there.

I run on my Xmaxx 29,54 and I'm not complaining and use M2C extenders that way u can use backflips

thanks, so what top speed would i be look at for 25/35 compared to 35/18 or 35/22?

Man I need to buy a GPS is the only thing I don't have in my mini rc shop😅👍

My best advice, go to YouTube and checkout DISHDOCTOR channel, he got his XMAXX in the 130s if I remember right, running on 12s, but you get the point.. I can tell you one thing tho, you won't be able to run 70mph gearing and bash with the same setup, unless you're bashing is very mild... low to mid 50s is the sweet spot for an Xmaxx if you want to bash and go fast, otherwise heat will be a big problem

+1

No, these are it, stock is 10mm wide, so you need 13mm hexes, sorry, should have explained that better
Sorry, these
It gives you just enough to clear the a-arms. Every once in awhile mine will rub slightly on a hard hit, but otherwise it works great and way cheaper than M2C wheel extensions
You won't use that steel clip anymore that holds the hexes on just fyi

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220813-175418_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220813-175418_Chrome.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back