Need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KYLED40

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Since I'm upgrading all parts on my 6s , I won't be using battery for a month or more . Do I need to charge it fully and then put on storage ? What do I do I'm brand new to this . Helps appreciated thanks in advance

Since I'm upgrading all parts on my 6s , I won't be using battery for a month or more . Do I need to charge it fully and then put on storage ? What do I do I'm brand new to this . Helps appreciated thanks in advance
It would be best to storage charge it if your charger allows. The storage setting should be automatically set, so it will take it up or down depending on where it's current voltage is.

Oh man I tell you what if it needs to take it down you are better off driving in circles to do that. I just brought a full pack down yesterday because I broke everything in my outing and it took like 3 hrs to do that lmao.

When storing a lipo battery, you want to aim for 3.8VDC per cell.

I have the venom duo so yea it has a storage feature , just didn't know if I needed to get it to a certain % before storing

Technically 3.7v-3.8v per cell is the lipo industry standard for storage. Lipos are Mfr'ed and shipped in a charge state Between 50% and 60%. Storage mode. 99% of chargers are set to 3.8v cutoff for storage. I personally never let a lipo sit at higher or full charge for more than 24 hours. At least I try. It is bad. I learned once. Several weeks sitting at full charge crapped out one of my packs. Resting voltage would drop fast. And a cell was badly unbalanced. Couldn't revive it. It would charge but it was a bad pack to run. Always LVC very early in a run.

I have the venom duo so yea it has a storage feature , just didn't know if I needed to get it to a certain % before storing
The duo pro will put your batteries at perfect storage charge regardless of what % they are at. If they are full it will discharge them (takes forever), if they are at lvc it will bring them up to storage. If you push the INC button while charging depending on which channel you are on it will toggle the screen from the standard display and instead show volts per cell.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back