Need Kraton Battery Help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpricenator

Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I am about to pull the trigger on a new Kraton and have a ton of questions. I am not an idiot when it comes to building or repairing broken car parts whether it be an RC car or my daily driver. However, I pay professionals for anything that has to do with electronics. I would like to begin getting a grasp on that aspect of things as well. So I am buying a soldering gun and the other accessories I will need to swap out the plugs. Even once I have that down, I'll still be an idiot when it comes to batteries. The 2s, 3s 4s, 6s, thing has me very confused, and then add on the mAh and the voltage, and I am totally lost.

So here goes with the first set of questions

What battery specs are important for me to look for? How many Vlots can the ESC in the Kraton Handle? What is the difference between a 5400mAh 6s 11.1 volt battery and a 4800 mAh 6s 22.2 volt battery. Is there an educational thread on here about batteries and the electronics in different cars?

I don't have to have the super duper 60 MPH set up yet, but I do want to be able make people take notice. I am just into bashing, and don't really ever see myself getting into the competitive racing thing. Cost is an issue, but mainly because I scarred myself looking on MAXAMPS, and saw the 6S race battery for $250. That turned a $500 car into a $1,000 purchase real quick. That is the main reason I haven't bought it yet. But then I saw a 6s on Amazon for $94. I know that quality is important and I don't want some junk with half the run time, or that'll be junk in 6 weeks.

Thanks for looking.

I am about to pull the trigger on a new Kraton and have a ton of questions. I am not an idiot when it comes to building or repairing broken car parts whether it be an RC car or my daily driver. However, I pay professionals for anything that has to do with electronics. I would like to begin getting a grasp on that aspect of things as well. So I am buying a soldering gun and the other accessories I will need to swap out the plugs. Even once I have that down, I'll still be an idiot when it comes to batteries. The 2s, 3s 4s, 6s, thing has me very confused, and then add on the mAh and the voltage, and I am totally lost.

So here goes with the first set of questions

What battery specs are important for me to look for? How many Vlots can the ESC in the Kraton Handle? What is the difference between a 5400mAh 6s 11.1 volt battery and a 4800 mAh 6s 22.2 volt battery. Is there an educational thread on here about batteries and the electronics in different cars?

I don't have to have the super duper 60 MPH set up yet, but I do want to be able make people take notice. I am just into bashing, and don't really ever see myself getting into the competitive racing thing. Cost is an issue, but mainly because I scarred myself looking on MAXAMPS, and saw the 6S race battery for $250. That turned a $500 car into a $1,000 purchase real quick. That is the main reason I haven't bought it yet. But then I saw a 6s on Amazon for $94. I know that quality is important and I don't want some junk with half the run time, or that'll be junk in 6 weeks.

Thanks for looking.
The MAH rating has more to do with the runtime. The 6s and the volts go hand in hand. The nominal voltage is 3.7 volts per cell so a 3s is 11.1 volts and a 6s is 22.2 volts. Fully charged they are 4.2 volts per cell though. Another thing to keep in mind while looking at batteries is the C rating for the discharge. The higher the number the faster that the battery can discharge, meaning the easier time the battery will have keeping up with the ESC and the motor. I would personally recommend a 5000 MAH 35C minimum but that is my opinion. A lot of people have had good luck with SMC batteries and they are relatively cheap. Another option versus running a single 6s battery would be to run two 3s batteries to achieve the 6s. Might be cheaper than getting a single large battery.

http://www.smc-racing.net/

Fantastic batteries, great service and really good prices. They will put XT90s on for you if you ask, at no extra charge.

I would recommend buying 2 3s packs rather than one big one. It's much cheaper to replace 1 half of the 6s setup if you have a crash or a bad cell than it is to replace a whole brick like that one.

Am I able to use 2, 2s packs the same way I would 2, 3s packs?

Am I able to use 2, 2s packs the same way I would 2, 3s packs?
Yes. That would give have you running at 4s which is still a lot of fun but you won't break near as many parts in my opinion. This is what I run my Senton on 98 percent of the time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back