Infraction Need more POWER..!! ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
Fancy a bit more oomph in the Infraction ? I've got a spare Max 6 and just want a cheap motor to mess around with.
What do you think would be a better choice, mainly bashing but also trying to hit 100mph with the right pinion..!! ?

Rocket 4585 1100kv or Rocket 4092 1250kv both motors are rated upto 8s but currently I would only be running 6s with future runs at 8s..!!

The 4092 is a about $9 cheaper than the 4585, both are sub $70 motors ?

What's everybody saying..??

Edit: forgot to ask what's the max pinion size on the stock motor mount.??

Last edited:
The 4585 will fit in the stock location and with a 32 46 with stock diff and stock mount should yeld around 50mhp on 6s, 70mph on 8s
Taking a round file to the mount slot you can go upto 35t with just below 60mph/6s 80mph/8s

For 100mph on that motor you'll need 34 t spool 35t pinion so be in overdrive. On 8s

When I mounted the 4585 rocket on the m2c 6s mount I had to elongate the mounting holes maybe .05” total or 025” each hole.

Both the stock blx and the rocket 4585 have a m4 x 25mm mounting pattern. Is the m2c made for M3 as then this would make sense.

Last edited:
The 4585 will fit in the stock location and with a 32 46 with stock diff and stock mount should yeld around 50mhp on 6s, 70mph on 8s
Taking a round file to the mount slot you can go upto 35t with just below 60mph/6s 80mph/8s

For 100mph on that motor you'll need 34 t spool 35t pinion so be in overdrive. On 8s

@Turbobrick ...so maybe a higher kv motor, they do a 1580kv version but I don't think it's 8s ready..
Maybe better not to waste money on that motor and just go TP and mmx8 ? any tips on what motor to look at..?? something that will go with a max 6 for now, or aim for the mmx8..??

Stock location motor length limit is around 88mm isn't it..??

Both the stock blx and the rocket 4585 have a m4 x 25mm mounting pattern. Is the m2c made for M3 as then this would make sense.
I can take a picture if you like. It did not work with the rocket 4885 without modding the holes...Blx and Hobbywing mounting holes are 25.4mm bolt circle this rocket is 25mm...

I can take a picture if you like. It did not work with the rocket 4885 without modding the holes...Blx and Hobbywing mounting holes are 25.4mm bolt circle this rocket is 25mm...
I'm not saying it didn't happen buddy the issue is blx using imperial being made in the USA with China using metric pcd. With the stock mount there is more than 0.2 clearance not sure about the M2C never seen one and he's mounting it on a stock mount I believe, I tapped my Tp motors to m4 and also seemed to fit fine with the stock mount.

I'm not saying it didn't happen buddy the issue is blx using imperial being made in the USA with China using metric pcd. With the stock mount there is more than 0.2 clearance not sure about the M2C never seen one and he's mounting it on a stock mount I believe, I tapped my Tp motors to m4 and also seemed to fit fine with the stock mount.
You are right. 25mm and 25.4 would be a universal fit. That m2c mount must have been off. I had to elongate the countersink as well in a Bridgeport. it wasn't something I could just drill a bigger hole and be done. I bet the arrma mount will be fine.

SSS 4092 1650kv is also 8s capable and close to the same price as the others. Mounting holes need to be re-tapped for m4 though

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back